The Stations of the Cross by St. John Mary Vianney
[Image: station8.jpg]

VIII  STATION:  JESUS CHRIST CONSOLES THE WOMEN OF ISRAEL WHO FOLLOW HIM

V. We adore Thee, O Jesus, and we praise Thee.

A. Because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world.

The faithful.  O Jesus, how good Thou art! The women of Jerusalem who follow Thee, have compassion on Thee, they cry, and Thou forgot Thy sufferings to console them.

Jesus Christ.  My child, mourn your sins, do penance, practice your duties bravely and I will also fill your heart of consolation and joy. Those who do not love Me cannot be happy, neither in this life nor in the other.

The faithful. Lord, I will obey Thee.  For too long I have sought happiness away from Thee. I want from today to be pious, humble, gentle and chaste, to enjoy Thy friendship and deserve to contemplate Thee in the glory of paradise.

Our Father.  Hail Mary.  Glory Be.
Have mercy on us, O Lord, have mercy on us.
Eternal rest give unto them. O Lord.
And let perpetual light shine upon them.
May they rest in peace.

[Image: Jesus-Falls-The-Third-Time.jpg]

IX STATION:  JESUS CHRIST FALLS THE THIRD TIMES

V. We adore Thee, O Jesus, and we praise Thee.

A. Because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world.

Jesus Christ.  Oh!  That men are ungrateful and wicked! For them I was scourged and crowned with thorns, for them I carry this heavy cross and soon I'll be nailed to it; for them I endured all the insults, and they do not love Me! I suffer horribly for them to merit heaven, and yet, I know many will go to hell! My soul is deeply sad, I have no more strength; therefore, I fall under My cross a third time.

The faithful.  O my Jesus! A thousand times, sorry! It is I who am the ungrateful one, who has so often offended Thee, I who have loved Thee so little. My God, sorry!  How many times, have I seriously disobeyed Thee and have deserved hell. If I had died after my sin, I would be burning in the eternal flames and would be forever separated from Thee. My God, I thank Thee for conserving my life, I thank Thee for forgiving me!  No, Thou will not have suffered unnecessarily for me! For with the help of Thy grace, O my God, I want to serve Thee, to love Thee, to bless you always on earth to possess Thee in heaven.

Our Father.  Hail Mary.  Glory Be.
Have mercy on us, O Lord, have mercy on us.
Eternal rest give unto them. O Lord.
And let perpetual light shine upon them.
May they rest in peace.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Stations of the Cross by St. John Mary Vianney - by Hildegard of Bingen - 02-15-2021, 04:12 PM