Prayer to the Holy Face of Jesus
[Image: 1440204445.png]

O My Jesus! Cast upon us a look of mercy; turn Thy Face upon each one of, even as Thou didst
upon Veronica; not that we may see It with the eyes of our body, for we do not deserve this;
but turn It toward our hearts, that being sustained by Thee, we may draw from that powerful
source strength for the combats we must ever wage on earth.
Eternal Father, we offer Thee the Adorable Face of Thy Well-Beloved Son for the Honor and glory of Thy
Holy Name and for the salvation of all men.
-  Blessed Pope Pius IX

[Image: therese-of-lisieux.jpg]

PRAYER OF ST. THERESA OF JESUS [LISIEUX]
TO THE HOLY FACE

O Jesus, Who in Thy bitter Passion didst become "the most abject of men, a man of sorrows," I venerate Thy Sacred Face whereon there once did shine the beauty and sweetness of the Godhead; but now it has become for me as if it were the face of a leper! Nevertheless, under those disfigured features, I recognize Thy infinite Love and I am consumed with with the desire to love Thee and make Thee loved by all men. The tears which well abundantly in Thy sacred eyes appear to me as so many precious pearls that I love to gather up, in order to purchase the souls of poor sinners by means of their infinite value.

O Jesus, Whose adorable Face ravishes my heart, I implore Thee to fix deep within me Thy Divine Image and to set me on fire with Thy Love, that I may be found worthy to come to the contemplation of Thy glorious Face in Heaven. Amen.

HOLY FACE PRAYER FOR SINNERS
by St. Therese of Lisieux

ETERNAL FATHER, since Thou hast given me for my inheritance the Adorable Face of Thy Divine Son, I offer that face to Thee and I beg Thee, in exchange for this coin of infinite value, to forget the ingratitude of souls dedicated to Thee and to pardon all poor sinners.

PRAYERS OF REPARATION TO THE HOLY FACE OF JESUS

PRAYER

O Blessed Face of my kind Savior, by the tender love and piercing sorrow of Our Lady as she beheld Thee in Thy cruel Passion, grant us to share in this intense sorrow and love so as to fulfill the Holy Will of God to the utmost of our ability. Amen.

-----Mother Maria-Pierina

CROWN OF THORNS PRAYER

DEAR LORD, I am grieved when I consider Thy sad condition when Thou wore the Crown of Thorns upon Thy hold Head. I desire to withdraw the thorns by offering to the Eternal Father the merits of Thy Wounds for the salvation of sinners. I wish to unite my actions to the merits of Thy Most Holy Crown, so that they may gain many merits, as Thou hast promised. Amen.

-----Prayer based on a revelation by Our Lord to Sr. Chambon

[Image: Litany1.jpg]

THE GOLDEN ARROW PRAYERS

MAY THE MOST HOLY, MOST SACRED, MOST ADORABLE, MOST INCOMPREHENSIBLE AND UNUTTERABLE NAME OF GOD BE ALWAYS PRAISED, BLESSED, LOVED, ADORED AND GLORIFIED, IN HEAVEN, ON EARTH AND UNDER THE EARTH, BY ALL THE CREATURES OF GOD, AND BY THE SACRED HEART OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST, IN THE MOST HOLY SACRAMENT OF THE ALTAR. AMEN.

After receiving this prayer, Sister Mary of St. Peter was given a vision in which she saw the Sacred Heart of Jesus delightfully wounded by this "Go/den Arrow" as torrents of graces streamed from It for the conversion of sinners.

REPARATION PRAYER

Eternal Father, turn away Thy angry gaze from our guilty people whose face has become unsightly in Thine eyes. Look instead upon the Face of Thy Beloved Son, for this is the Face of Him in Whom Thou art well pleased. We now offer Thee this Holy Face, covered with shame and disfigured by bloody bruises in reparation for the crimes of our age in order to appease Thine anger, justly provoked against us. Because Thy Divine Son, our Redeemer, has taken upon His Head all the sins of His members, that they might be spared, we now beg of Thee, Eternal Father, to grant us mercy. AMEN.

AN ASPIRATION TO THE ETERNAL FATHER TO BE FREQUENTLY RECITED DURING THE DAY

ETERNAL FATHER, we offer You the Holy Face of Jesus, covered with blood, sweat, dust and spittle, in reparation for the crimes of communists, blasphemers, and for the profaners of the Holy Name and of the Holy Day. AMEN.

PRAYER TO REPRODUCE THE IMAGE OF GOD IN OUR SOULS 
   Our Lord told Sister Mary ot St. Peter that the Image ot His Holy Face is like a Divine Stamp which, it applied to souls, through prayer, has the power of imprinting anew within them the Image ot God.

I SALUTE THEE, I ADORE THEE, AND I LOVE THEE,
OH ADORABLE FACE OF MY BELOVED JESUS,
AS THE NOBLE STAMP OF DIVINITY!
COMPLETELY SURRENDERING MY SOUL TO THEE,
I MOST HUMBLY BEG THEE TO STAMP THIS SEAL UPON US ALL,
SO THAT "THE IMAGE OF GOD MAY ONCE MORE BE REPRODUCED BY ITS IMPRINT IN OUR SOULS. AMEN.

[Image: 2174502017?profile=RESIZE_320x320][Image: 28686a0fb85bb0801675006230a07428.jpg]
Prayer to the Holy Face by St. Augustine
      I appear before Thy Holy Face, O my Saviour, laden with my sins and the penalties
they have brought upon me.  What I suffer is far less than I deserve, for although
conscious of the justice of my punishment, I cese not on that account to commit
fresh sins every day.  I sink beneath Thy scourges, yet I do not amend my ways;
my heart is full of bitterness, still my obstinacy in evil remains ever the same.  My life
is pent in misery, and I do not correct myself.  When Thou chastisest me, I make
Thee great promises, which, as soon as Thou liftest up Thy hand, I forget.
     I come now to make to Thee, O God, a sincere confession of my sins.  I declare in
Thy presence that if Thou show not Thy mercy to me, I shall surely perish.  Grant me,
my Saviour, what I get of Thee, since of Thy pure goodness Thou hast drawn me out
of nothingness to put me into a state wherein I can pray to Thee.  Amen.

Messages In This Thread
Prayer to the Holy Face of Jesus - by Hildegard of Bingen - 02-07-2021, 03:38 PM
RE: Prayer to the Holy Face of Jesus - by Stone - 03-01-2022, 12:15 PM
RE: Prayer to the Holy Face of Jesus - by Stone - 03-01-2022, 12:18 PM
Thanks - by N8 Not Found - 03-03-2022, 10:37 AM
RE: Prayer to the Holy Face of Jesus - by Stone - 02-13-2024, 06:53 AM