Prayers for Every Day of the Week in Aid of the Poor Souls in Purgatory
PRAYERS FOR EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK IN AID
OF THE POOR SOULS IN PURGATORY
(100 days once a day, Leo XII, November 18, 1826)

For Sunday
O Lord God Almighty, I pray Thee, by the Precious Blood which Thy Divine Son Jesus shed in the garden,
deliver the souls in purgatory, and especially that Soul amongst them all which is most destitute of spiritual aid;
and vouchsafe to bring it to Thyglory, there to praise and bless Thee forever. Amen.
Our Father, Hail Mary, and the De Profundis
For Monday
O Lord God Almighty, I pray Thee, by the Precious Blood which Thy divine Son Jesus shed in His cruel scourging, deliver
the Souls in Purgatory, and that Soul especially amongst them all which is nearest to its entrance into Thy glory; that so it
may forthwith begin to praise and bless Thee forever. Amen.

For Tuesday
O Lord God Almighty, I pray Thee, by the Precious Blood which Thy divine Son Jesus shed in His bitter crowning
with thorns, deliver the Souls in Purgatory, and in particular that one amongst them all which would be the last to
depart out of those pains, that it may not tarry so long a time before it comes to praise Thee in Thy glory and bless Thee forever. Amen.
For Wednesday
O Lord God Almighty, I pray Thee, by the Precious Blood which Thy divine Son Jesus shed in through the streetsof Jerusalem,
when He carried the Cross upon His sacred shoulders, deliver the Souls in Purgatory and especiallythat Soul which is richest
in merits before Thee that so, in that throne of glory which awaits it, it may magnify Thee and bless Thee forever.  Amen.

For Thursday
O Lord God Almighty, I pray Thee, by the Precious Body and Blood of Thy Divine Son Jesus, which He gave with His own
hands upon the eve of His Passion to His beloved Apostels to be their meat and drink, and which He left to His whole Church
to be a perpetual sacrifice and the life-giving food of His own faithful people, deliver the Souls in Purgatory, and especially
that one which was most devoted to this mystery of infinite love, that it may with the same Thy Divine Son, and with Thy
Holy Ghost, ever praise Thee for Thy love therein in eternal glory. Amen.

For Friday
O Lord God Almighty, I pray Thee by the Precious Blood which Thy Divine Son shed on this day upon the wood of the Cross,
especially from His most sacred hands and feet, deliver the Souls in Purgatory and in particular that Soul for which I am most
bound to pray; that no neglect of mine may hinder it from praising Thee in Thy glory and blessing Thee forever. Amen.

For Saturday
O Lord God Almighty, I beseech Thee, by the Precious Blood which gushed forth from the side of Thy Divine Son Jesus
in the sight of, and to the extreme pain of His most Holy Mother, deliver the Souls in Purgatory, and especially that one
amongst them all which was the most devout to her; that it may soon attain unto Thy glory, there to praise Thee in her,
and her in Thee, world without end. Amen.

DE PROFUNDIS
Out of depths I have cried to Thee, O Lord; Lord hear my voice.
Let Thy ears be attentive the voice of my supplication.
If Thou, O Lord, will mark iniquities; Lord, who shall stand it?
For with Thee there is merciful forgiveness; and by reason of Thy law, I have waited for Thee, O Lord.
My soul hath relied on His word: my soul hath hoped in the Lord.
From the morning-watch even until night, let Israel hope in the Lord.
Because with the Lord there is mercy: and with Him plentiful redemption.
And He shall redeem Israel from all his iniquities.
V. Eternal rest give unto them, O Lord.
R. And let perpetual light shine upon them.
V. From the gate of hell.
R. Deliver their souls, O Lord.
V. May they rest in peace.
R. Amen.
V. O Lord, hear my prayer.
R. And let my cry come unto Thee.
V. The Lord be with you.
R. And with Thy Spirit.

Let us pray:
O God, the Creator and Redeemer of all the faithful, we beseech Thee to grant to the souls of Thy servants the
remission of their sins, so that by our prayers they may obtain pardon for which they long. O Lord, who livest and
reignest, world without end.   Amen.

May they rest in peace.  Amen.