French SSPX Bulletin from December 24th reports a preparation for Episcopal Consecrations?
Dear friends:

Before starting I want to warn that I am new to the forum. Also say that I am Spanish and that my knowledge of the English language is limited, so I use a simultaneous translator, so, for now, I apologize for any possible errors in writing.

I wanted to briefly share with you my concerns, which I assume we share to a large extent. The SSPX is in a critical situation. Even if a desired excommunication occurs, as the shared French bulletin suggests, the internal situation is actually fragile and there is no clarity on fundamental issues. Especially with regard to the sacrament of orders, both the new rite of priestly ordination and, above all, the new rite of episcopal consecration. There we see the whole problem with Huonder, the priests who are not ordained sub conditione... In short, it is the main problem, I believe, that joins others of lack of firmness in all kinds of issues: doctrinal, moral, traditions...

On the other hand, the Resistance, which this year will mark a decade since the creation of the beautifully named Union Priestly Marcel Lefebvre (USML), has turned out to be a failure. Almost nothing has improved the inconsistencies and weaknesses that the SSPX had. And, although I understand the decentralized organization of the apostolate, I believe that from there to a total atomization of individual priests there is a middle ground. Anyway, now Bishop Williamson, recently according to his Eleison comments, has improved some of his doctrinal positions, as he doubts the new rites of order, he has called his controversial opinion (albeit not convincingly, but oh well) Eucharistic miracles in the Novus Ordo and well, let's say that it has corrected some of its errors a little. In short, I don't know what we can expect from the new bishops consecrated by him, namely Ballini, Stobnicki and Morgan. To which the until now conservative ViganĂ³ joins, in the absence of confirmation of his subconditione consecration.

As for Sedevacantism, well, I consider that we have not had a Pope since 1958. Now, the Thuc lineage seems dubious to me and I do not share the dogmatization of Sedevacantism of the groups that come precisely from the Thuc lineage. I sincerely believe that it is impossible to prove the validity of Thuc's consecrations due to his mental state and lack of qualified witnesses.

So what can we expect? In this blog, what position do you have? What does Father Hewko think of this? The point is that we need bishops, without bishops the Church simply becomes extinct. We know that God will not allow this, but for the salvation of souls it is necessary to do something. Yes, you have to pray the Rosary, but, as we say in Spain: pray to God and hit the hammer. That is to say, we have to organize ourselves better, even if we maintain a certain independence, even if we are several groups, fine, but we must have a more solid organization. How about? Bishop Faure seems to have that intention, I don't know, I just think we should be prepared for a possible total debacle of the SSPX.

In Christ.

Messages In This Thread
RE: French SSPX Bulletin from December 24th reports a preparation for Episcopal Consec... - by Boanerges - 01-22-2024, 09:00 AM