Archbishop Lefebvre and the Vatican by Fr. François Laisney [1988]
May 6, 1988

Letter of Cardinal Ratzinger to Archbishop Lefebvre

Excellency,

I have attentively read the letter which you just addressed to me, in which you tell me your intentions concerning the episcopal consecration of a member of the Society on June 30 next.

Since these intentions are in sharp contrast with what has been accepted during our dialogue on May 4, and which have been signed in the Protocol yesterday, I wish to inform you that the release of the press communiqué has to be deferred.

I earnestly wish that you reconsider your position in conformity with the results of the dialogue, so that the communiqué60 may be released.

In this hope, please Excellency,...

Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger

60. See Press Release, May 5, 1988, p.80.
"So let us be confident, let us not be unprepared, let us not be outflanked, let us be wise, vigilant, fighting against those who are trying to tear the faith out of our souls and morality out of our hearts, so that we may remain Catholics, remain united to the Blessed Virgin Mary, remain united to the Roman Catholic Church, remain faithful children of the Church."- Abp. Lefebvre

Messages In This Thread
RE: Archbishop Lefebvre and the Vatican by Fr. François Laisney [1988] - by Stone - 07-22-2022, 07:51 AM