St. Bonaventure: The Psalter of Our Lady
[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.pinimg.com%2Foriginal...f=1&nofb=1]

PSALM CXI.

Blessed is the man who fears our Lady, and blessed is the heart that cherisheth her.

Blessed is the man who does not tire in praising thee, O Virgin, and who does not cease to recount thy virtues.

The light of God is risen in his heart; the Holy Spirit enlightens his mind.

O Lady, pour thy grace upon the poor, warm the famishing and the indigent.

That, thanks to thee, our names may be kept in eternal remembrance, and that our hearts may not tremble at the terrible noise of judgment.

Glory, &c.

PSALM CXII.

Children praise the mother of God: old men, glorify her name.

Blessed be Mary, the Mother of Christ; for she is the way that leads to the country of holiness.

Her throne is raised above the cherubims, and her seat above the cardinal points of heaven.

Her look rests upon the humble; her countenance is turned towards those who have confidence in her.

Her mercy extends over all flesh, and her alma to the extremities of the earth.

Glory, &c.

PSALM CXIII.

When my soul departs from this world, come to meet it, O Lady, and receive it.

Console it by thy holy presence: let not the sight of the demons trouble it.

Be to it as a step to reach the kingdom of heaven, and a straight way to go to the Paradise of God.

Obtain for it from the Father the indulgence of peace, and a seat of light in the midst of thy humble servants.

Sustain thy faithful servants before the tribunal of Christ: take their cause into thy hands.

Glory, &c.

PSALM CXIV.

I have cherished the mother of God my Lord; the light of her mercy has shone upon me.

The sorrows of death have surrounded me, but the visit of Mary has rejoiced me.

I have suffered peril and affliction ; and I have been refreshed by her grace.

Let her name and her memory be in the midst of our heart, and the features of the evil spirit will not injure us.

Apply thyself, 0 my soul, to her praise, and thou shalt have refreshment in thy last moments.

Glory, &c.

PSALM CXV.

I hate believed, for I have published thy praise and thy glory, 0 Queen, in all the universe.

Have compassion on my soul and direct it; deign to inspire it with thy good pleasure.

Establish it with the alliance of thy peace and thy love; accord to it the remembrance of thine august name.

Of the blessed fruit of thy womb give me my subsistence: and by thine abundant grace soften my soul.

Break the chains of my sins, and by the gift of thy virtue embellish the countenance of my soul.

Glory, &c.

PSALM CXVI.

Nations praise our Lady; people glorify her.

For her grace and her mercy are confirmed upon us; her truth remaineth for ever.

He who shall have worthily honoured her shall be justified, but he who shall have neglected her shall die in his sin.

The lips of angels shall recount her wisdom, and all the citizens of paradise shall sing her praises.

They who approach her with a right intention shall not be seized by the exterminating angel.

Glory, &c.

PSALM CXVII.

Confess the Lord, for he is good; confess his mother, for her mercy remaineth throughout ages.

Her love chases sin from the heart, and her grace purifies the conscience of the sinner.

The way that leads to Christ is to go to her; he who turns away from her will not find the way of peace.

Let him who is hardened in sin invoke her with importunity, and the light will rise in the midst of his darkness.

Let him who is sorrowful of heart cry to her, and he will be intoxicated with the dew of her sweetness.

Glory, &c.

PSALM CXVIII*

Blessed are the hearts who try to imitate in their lives the mother of the Saviour.

Blessed are the imitators of her humility; blessed are they who imitate her love.

Blessed are the adepts of her virtues; blessed are those who are conformed to the image of her heart.

Blessed are they who venerate her conception and her delivery; blessed are they who devotedly serve her.

Blessed are they who have hope and confidence in her; blessed are they who shall receive by her eternal happiness.

Glory, &c.

PSALM CXVIII.

FIRST DIVISION

Recompense thy servant, 0 Lady, revive me, and may I do thy will.

I am a stranger upon the earth, hide not thy love from me.

My soul has desired to celebrate thy praise at all times.

For thou art my salvation in the Lord, and thou hast delivered me, I, condemned to death.

What shall I render unto thee for these benefits, except to give myself entirely to thee? O Lady, accept me.

Glory, &c.

SECOND DIVISION

Delineate thou me, O Lady, the law of thy will, thou the most holy amongst saints; and I will follow it always.

Lead me in the path of thy mercies ; thou the most beautiful of women, for I have desired thee.

Draw my heart to heavenly love, O Lady, and leave it far from impurity.

See how I have loved thy chastity from my youth strengthen me in thy mercy.

And I will observe the way of thy commandment in all ages, I will meditate the commands of thy Son for these commands have I cherished.

Glory, &c.

THIRD DIVISION

Remember thy word, Queen of Sovereigns; thy word by which thou hast given me hope.

It has powerfully supported me in the waves of the tempests, for it has revived me.

Lying men have surrounded me, and the plagues have accumulated upon me; and here thy hand has delivered.

I have been united for good with those who fear thee, and who keep exactly thy commandments.

The earth is full of thy mercies; also I have sought the way of thy justifications.

Glory,  &c.

FOURTH DIVISION

Thou hast acted with goodness towards thy servant, O Lady ; the angels have rejoiced therein.

Teach me the lesson of thy virtues and thy equity; for I have believed thy words above all things.

It is advantageous for me that thou hast humbled me by thy burdens, to the end that I may follow thy example.

They who love thee venerate thy servants; they who shall have hated them will fall into the eternal abyss.

Let the drops of thy clemency descend upon me, and I shall live, for thy holy law is my meditation.

Glory, &c.

FIFTH DIVISION

My soul has failed upon thy track, O Lady; and if thy mercy had not been immense, I should have perished in mine infirmity.

Mine eyes have failed in thy contemplation; as the leathern bottle in the frost, so my soul appears to thee.

Vivify me according to thy goodness, and I shall not forget thy words, for it is good to attach ourselves to thee.

The world remains by thy providence; for it is thou who at the beginning founded it with God.

I am wholly thine, 0 Lady : save me; for thy praise is delightful to me during the time of my pilgrimage.

Glory, &c.

SIXTH DIVISION

How have I loved thy law, O Lady; thy meditation is always present to me.

The affluence of thy kindness has transported my soul far from me, and my flesh has marvellously rejoiced in thee.

Let thy words be sweet to the sinners, O Lady; thy help is agreeable to my lips above all melody.

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and an ineffable light unto my ways.

How often have the sinners of hell insulted me, because I have not wished to swerve from thy love! But, I have always hoped in thee, 0 Lady.

Glory, &c.

SEVENTH DIVISION

I have held the wicked in hatred; and I have loved thy way, gracious Lady!

Help me, and I shall be saved, Queen of the world, and I will meditate the honour of thy commands.

Make me to live always in thy fear; leave me not, O Virgin, to my calumniators.

I am thy slave ; I am the least in thy family.

Guard me, 0 Lady, from those who neglect the judgments of thy justice.

Thou despisest all those who go from thy service, because their conduct is unjust.

Glory, &c.

EIGHTH DIYISION

Thy testimonies are admirable; sweet mother, my heart has been enlightened by thy discourses.

Thy face shall be implored by all the rich of the people, and the sons of kings praise thy looks.

An ardent word comes with vehemence from thy lips he who hastens to go to thee shall sum them up.

I am before thee an agitated reed; keep me under thy yoke, O Lady, and I shall not be confounded.

The dragons of hell attack thy servants more than others : but thou, O Lady, defend us.

Glory, &c.

NINTH DIVISION

I have cried unto thee with all my heart, O, Lady; draw me from all my perils by thy mercy.

Pavourably hear the voice of my sighing, O Lady; teach me that which is agreeable unto thee at all times.

Salvation is far from those who are ignorant of thee; they who persevere in thy service will escape perdition.

Thy mercy waters the entire universe, O Lady; vivify me by thy salutary power.

The beginning of thy words is eternal truth; I have not forgotten thine immaculate law.

Glory, &c.

TENTH DIVISION

The princes have persecuted me in vain, and the evil spirit trembles at the invocation of thy name.

A profound peace is reserved for those who venerate thy name, Mother of God, and there is no offence in them.

Seven hours a day have I sang thy praises, O Lady; give me intelligence according to thy worth.

Let my prayer come into thy presence; to the end that thou abandon me not, 0 Lady, during all the days of my life; for mercy and truth are thy ways.

Glory, &c.

PSALM CXIX.

It is to our Lady that I address myself in my tribulations; she has favourably heard me.

0 Lady, deliver us from all evil, every day of our lives.

Break the heads of our enemies by the invincible strength of thy foot.

As thy spirit has rejoiced itself in God thy Saviour; so deign to shed in my heart a real joy.

Approach the Lord to pray him in our favour, to the end that by thee our sms may be blotted out.

Glory, &c.

PSALM CXX.

I have raised mine eves towards thee, Mother of Christ, by whom all flesh has received consolation.

Give to us thy succour and thy grace in all our tribulations.

Guard us, Virgin Mary, our Lady, so that we fall not into the snares of sinners.

Sleep not, and let not the pupil of thine eye slumber, so that we may always be guarded by thy protection.

Let every tongue of angels and of men praise thee, and let all bow themselves before thee.

Glory, &c.
"So let us be confident, let us not be unprepared, let us not be outflanked, let us be wise, vigilant, fighting against those who are trying to tear the faith out of our souls and morality out of our hearts, so that we may remain Catholics, remain united to the Blessed Virgin Mary, remain united to the Roman Catholic Church, remain faithful children of the Church."- Abp. Lefebvre

Messages In This Thread
RE: St. Bonaventure: The Psalter of Our Lady - by Stone - 11-22-2021, 09:38 AM