St. Bonaventure: The Psalter of Our Lady
[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fservi.org%2Fwp-content%...f=1&nofb=1]

PSALM CI

O Lady, favourably hear my prayer, and let my cry come unto thee.

Turn not away from me thy holy face; and detest me not because of my abominations.

Abandon me not to the thoughts and designs of mine enemies, and let me not fall under their odious injuries.

They who have confidence in thee, shall not fear the cunning serpent; and those who extol thee by their praises, shall escape from the hands of Acheron.

By thy virgin conception give me an absolute confidence in thee; and by thine admirable delivery, rejoice my soul.

Glory, &c.

PSALM CII.

O mt soul, bless the mother of Jesus Christ; and thou, mine inward parts, glorify her name.

Forget not her benefits, nor her grace, nor her consolations.

Sins are remitted by her grace; and sickness is healed by her mercy.

Bless her, powers of heaven; glorify her, choirs of Apostles and Prophets.

Bless her, seas and isles of the nations; sing a hymn to her, heavens and the inhabitants of the heavens.

Glory, &c.

PSALM CIII.

O mt soul, bless the Virgin Mary; her glory and her honour remain for eternity.

Thou art clothed in beauty and grace, O sweet Mary: thou art covered, O Lady, with a dazzling vestment.

From thee proceeds the remedy of sin, and the discipline of peace, and the fervour of charity.

Fill us, thy servants, with holy virtues; and let not the anger of God approach us.

Give the prize of triumph to those who hope in thee; forget them not in the combat of death.

Glory, &c.

PSALM CIV.

Confess our Lady and invoke her name; celebrate her in recounting gloriously her virtues.

Praise her and extol her, virgins daughters of Zion, for she will make you espouse the King of angels.

Honour this Queen filled with grace, and contemplate with reverence her holy countenance.

Everlasting salvation is in thy hand, O Lady; they who would worthily honour thee, will obtain it.

Thy clemency will not exhaust itself through all eternity, neither thy mercy from generation to generation. 

Glory, &c.

PSALM CV.

Confess our Lady, for that is just and good; recount her mercies in the midst of all the tribes of the earth.

Her conversation is far from the impious; her feet never swerved from the ways of the Most High. A running stream of grace flows from her mouth and from her heart, a virginal emanation which sanctifies the chaste soul. 

The hope of the glory of Paradise, is in the heart of those who devotedly honour her.

Have pity upon us, resplendent Queen of heaven, and give to us the consolations of thy grace.

Glory, &c.

PSALM CVI.

Confess the Lord, for that is just and good, confess his mother, for her mercy is in all ages.

Shew to us innocence and the ways of prudence, O Lady, indicate to thy servants the path of truth and intelligence.

The fear of God enlightens the mind, and thy love rejoices it.

Happy is the man whose service is agreeable to thee! his bones shall be filled with fatness and abundance of grace.

Thy word strengthens the feeble soul, and thy lips satisfies the famished soul.

Griory, &c.

PSALM CVII.

My heart is ready, O Lady, my heart is ready to sing hymns and canticles unto thee.

Thy love is better than all riches; and thy favour is preferable to gold and precious stones.

Blessedness and righteousness are the gifts of God; and sinners who are converted unto thee will obtain the remedy of penitence.

Grace and peace emanate from thee; he who shall have pleased thee shall be far from everlasting perdition.

Be for us a shadow of protection in temptations, let the shelter of thy wings defend us from the seducer.

Glory, &c.

PSALM CVIII.

0 Lady ! despise not my praise, and deign to accept this Psalter dedicated to thee.

Consider the intention of my heart, and make my devotion agreeable to thee.

Hasten to visit thy servants; let them be kept safe and sound under the shelter of thy hand.

Let them receive by thee the illumination of the Holy Spirit, and refreshment against the ardour of lust.

Console our broken hearts, O Lady! and animate them with the balm of thy piety.

Glory, &c.

PSALM CIX.

The Lord has said to our Lady: my mother, sit thou on my right hand.

Goodness and holiness have been loved by thee; therefore thou shalt reign with me in eternity.

An immortal crown shall encircle thy sacred head; and its glory and its splendour will never be extinguished.

Have pity upon us, O Lady, mother of light and glory I enlighten us, Queen of truth and virtue.

Draw from thy treasures, and give us the wisdom of God, and the intelligence of wisdom, and the law of discipline.

Glory, &c.

PSALM CX.

I will confess thee with all my heart, O Lady, I will glorify thee with all my spirit.

The words of thy grace will be always in my remembrance; and the testimony of thy mercy will live before the throne of God.

It is by thee that redemption has been sent to us from Goa, therefore repentant people hope in salvation.

The judgment of all those who honour thee is right, and their place is with the angels of peace.

Thy name is glorious and admirable, they who keep it in the depth of their heart tremble not in the moment of death.

Glory, &c.
"So let us be confident, let us not be unprepared, let us not be outflanked, let us be wise, vigilant, fighting against those who are trying to tear the faith out of our souls and morality out of our hearts, so that we may remain Catholics, remain united to the Blessed Virgin Mary, remain united to the Roman Catholic Church, remain faithful children of the Church."- Abp. Lefebvre

Messages In This Thread
RE: St. Bonaventure: The Psalter of Our Lady - by Stone - 11-21-2021, 07:21 AM