St. Bonaventure: The Psalter of Our Lady
[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3...%3DApi&f=1]

PSALM XCI.

It is a good thing to confess the Virgin Mary; and to sing of her glory is the happiness of the soul.

To announce her merits pleases the understanding, and the angels of God rejoice to imitate her works.

He who acquires her grace will be recognised by the citizens of Paradise, and He who shall have the seal of her name, shall be written in the book of life.

Else, O Lady, and judge our cause, and deliver us from those who rise up against us.

Withdraw from the sinner the protection of thy right hand, and receive upon thy buckler the blows of the destroyer.

Glory, &c.

PSALM XCII.

The Lord reigns, and he is clothed with beauty; he has decorated his mother with the attire of virtue.

May the mother of peace accomplish his propitiation upon us; and may she instruct her servants in the voice of equity.

Ye who desire the wisdom of Christ, serve his mother with reverence.

Who will suffice to recount thy works, O Lady? and who will discover the treasures of thy mercy?

Sustain and succour the defaulters in their temptations; direct them towards the regions of truth.

Glory, &c.

PSALM XCIII.

The Lord is the God of vengeance ; but thou, the benign mother of mercy, thou wilt turn him to pity.

Thy magnificence, 0 Lady, is celebrated throughout all ages ; and they who honour thee will find the road to peace.

Serve her with respectful joy, and the fruit of her holy womb will heal you.

Look upon the humility of thy servants, 0 Lady, and they will praise thee in the generations of ages.

Glorify thy name by the enumeration of thy graces, and suffer not thy servants to sink in danger.

Glory, &c.

PSALM XCIY.

Come, let us celebrate our Lady; let us sing the Virgin Queen, our salvation.

Let us come with gladness before her face; and praise her in our canticles.

Come, let us adore and prostrate ourselves before her; let us confess to her our sins with penitence.

Let us obtain a full indulgence; assist us to the tribunal of God.

Receive our souls at the last day, and introduce us into eternal repose.

Glory, &c.

PSALM XCV.

Sing to her who is full of grace a new canticle; sing to Mary, all ye children of the earth.

Because she surpasses all the angels in sanctity, and all the sons of woman in marvellous virtues and prodigies.

Beauty and glory are in her countenance, and peace in her eyes.

Bring to her glory, nations of the earth; rejoice in her, creatures of God.

For you have by her an admirable alliance; it is through her that ye are called the children of the most Highest.

Glory, &c.

PSALM XCVI.

The Lord reigns; let Mary triumph in all the empire of her dominions.

Adore her, inhabitants of the court of Paradise; extol her, virgins, beautiful wives of her sons.

Because she has been elevated above the principalities and the dominions; she has been exalted above the legions of angels and archangels.

Patriarchs and prophets burst into praises of her; make for her a concert, apostles and martyrs of Christ.

Confessors and virgins, say to her a canticle of the canticles of Zion, and render to her grace, holy friars, the triumphs which she has made you obtain.

Glory, &c.

PSALM XCVII.

Sing to our Lady a new canticle, because she has done marvels.

She has revealed her mercy in the sight of all nations; to the extremities of the earth her name has been heard.

Remember, O Lady, the poor and the miserable, and sustain them by the succours of thy holy consolation.

And thou, O Lady, who art so sweet and true, patient, indulgent, and full of mercy.

Tread down at our feet the enemy of our soul, and break their pride by thine arm.

Glory, &c.

PSALM XCVIII.

The Lord reigneth, let the people be never so impatient! Mary sits at his right hand above the cherubims.

Great is thy glory in Zion, O Lady ! great is thy magnificence in Jerusalem.

Sing before her, choirs of virgins, and adore her throne for it is holy.

In her right hand is the flaming law, and round about her are millions of saints.

The commands of God are before her eyes, and the rule of justice is in heart.

Glory, &c.

PSALM XCIX.

Celebrate our Lady, men of the earth, love her with joy and gladness.

Go to her with all your heart, and keep her way with all your power.

Search for her, and she will manifest herself to you, be pure in heart and she will meet you.

Those to whom thou hast given succour, O Lady, will have the refreshment of peace, and to those from whom thou hast turned away, there will be no hope of salvation.

Remember us, O Lady, and evils will not assail us; succour us at the last day, and we shall obtain life eternal.

Glory, &c.

PSALM C.

I will sing of thy mercy and thy justice, O Lady; I will celebrate thee in the gladness of my heart, when thou shalt have rejoiced my soul.

I will praise thy name and thy glory, and thou wilt give refreshment to my soul.

I have been jealous for thy love and thy honour; therefore defend my cause before the judge of ages.

I have been attracted by thy grace, and by thy bounty; I pray thee, let me not be disgraced by my hope and my firm confidence.

Strengthen my soul at the last moments, and make me to see my Saviour in that flesh in which I shall be clothed.

Glory, &c.
"So let us be confident, let us not be unprepared, let us not be outflanked, let us be wise, vigilant, fighting against those who are trying to tear the faith out of our souls and morality out of our hearts, so that we may remain Catholics, remain united to the Blessed Virgin Mary, remain united to the Roman Catholic Church, remain faithful children of the Church."- Abp. Lefebvre

Messages In This Thread
RE: St. Bonaventure: The Psalter of Our Lady - by Stone - 11-19-2021, 10:51 AM