St. Bonaventure: The Psalter of Our Lady
[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.pinimg.com%2F736x%2F1...f=1&nofb=1]

PSALM XXXI.

Blessed are they who cherish thee in their hearts, O Virgin Mary; their sins will be mercifully effaced by thee.

Holy, chaste, and fruitful is thy womb which produces a perpetual verdant flower.

The glory of thy beauty knoweth no corruption, and the grace of thy countenance never fades.

Blessed be thou, illustrious stock of Jesse, because thou art raised to Him to sit upon the sovereign throne.

O Virgin queen, thou art the voice by whom the supreme salvation has descended from the celestial dwellings to visit us.

Glory, &c.

PSALM XXXII.

Rejoice thou just ones, in the Virgin Mary, and celebrate her in the uprightness of thy heart.

Approach her with uprightness and devotion, and let thy heart rejoice in saluting her.

Consecrate to her a sacrifice of praise, and intoxicate thyself with the milk of her sweetness.

She reflects upon you the rays of her piety, and she will illuminate you with the lightning of her mercy.

The fruit she produces is very sweet ; it is of exquisite sweetness to the mouth, and to the heart good.

Glory, &c.

PSALM XXXIII.

I will bless our Lady at all times, and never shall her praise depart from my mouth.

Glorify her with me, all ye who have been nourished with the milk of her consolation.

In peril and in anxiety invoke her ; and in thy necessities thou wilt find succour and a sweet refreshment.

Take her conversation for your example, and force yourself to imitate her love oi charity and humility.

Because thou hast been the most pure and the most humble Holy Virgin, thou hast obliged the uncreated Word to take flesh in thee.

Glory, &c.

PSALM XXXIV.

Judge, O Lady, judge mine enemies; rise up against them and avenge my cause.

My soul rejoices itself in thee, and I start with devotion because of thy goodness.

The heavens and the earth are full of thy grace and thy sweetness, everywhere and always thou surroundest with thy benefits.

Indeed, wherever we turn, the fruit of thy virginal bosom presents itself to us.

Let us run then, my beloved brothers, and salute this noble and delicious Virgin, to the end we may deserve to repose upon the bosom of her love.

Glory, &c.

PSALM XXXV.

The impious has resolved, that he will sin in secret; make him renounce his wicked design, Mother of God.

Incline the face of thy Son towards us; oblige Him to have pity on the sinners.

O Lady, thy mercy shines in heaven, and thy favour is spread upon the earth.

Power and virtue are in thine arm, force and valour in thy right hand.

Blessed be thy empire in the heavens, blessed be thy magnificence in the earth.

Glory, &c.

PSALM XXXVI.

Enter not into judgment with the wicked, O Lady, soften their fury by thy grace.

Hope in her, nuns and monks ; have confidence in her, clergy and laity.

Delight yourself in her praises, and she will favourably hear the desires of your heart.

Little riches with her favour, is better than treasures of silver and precious stones.

Glory be to thee, evermore, Queen of heaven, and grant thou mayest never forget us.

Glory, &c.

PSALM XXXVII.

0 Lady, let not the Lord pursue me in His anger; obtain for us the pardon of our sins.

May all our desires be in conformity with thy wishes, as well as our hope and our confidence.

My heart is troubled within me, the light is departed from my inward parts.

Illumine by thy light my darkness; comfort my afflictions by thy mildness.

Abandon me not, O Lady, Mother of God; may thy grace and thy virtue be on my right hand.

Glory, &c.

PSALM XXXVIII.

I have said, I will perform my vows, O Lady, since the grace of Jesus Christ has been given me by thee.

Thy mildness has endued my heart; thy love has embraced my inward parts.

Favourably hear my prayer, 0 Lady, and my supplications; and let mine enemies wither with vexation.

Have pity upon me from the height of the heavens, and the height of thy throne, and permit me not to be troubled in this valley of misery.

Keep my ways for fear lest I fall; that at my death thy grace may be present with me.

Glory, &c.

PSALM XXXIX.

I have waited with confidence for thy grace, O Lady ; thou hast acted with me according to the multitude of the mercies of thy name.

Thou hast favourably heard my prayers, and thou hast drawn me from the lake of misery and the ditch of the enemy.

Thy gifts are numerous and admirable, O Lady; the presents of thy favour are incomparable.

Let all those who love thee, rejoice, and joy in thee. Let those who hate thy name be cast into hell.

Blessed be thou in eternity, O Lady; throughout all ages from generation to generation.

Glory, &c.

PSALM XL.

Blessed art thou, Mary! thou considerest the poor and the indigent who persevere in praising thee.

Sovereign of Angels, Queen of the Earth, purify my heart by the fire of thy love and thy charity.

Thou art the Mother of the splendour that illuminates my heart, thou art the nurse who renews my soul.

My mouth desires to praise thee; my spirit aspires to venerate thee tenderly.

My soul desires to supplicate thee, because all my substance is beneath thy protection.

Glory, &c.
"So let us be confident, let us not be unprepared, let us not be outflanked, let us be wise, vigilant, fighting against those who are trying to tear the faith out of our souls and morality out of our hearts, so that we may remain Catholics, remain united to the Blessed Virgin Mary, remain united to the Roman Catholic Church, remain faithful children of the Church."- Abp. Lefebvre

Messages In This Thread
RE: St. Bonaventure: The Psalter of Our Lady - by Stone - 11-14-2021, 08:01 AM