St. Bonaventure: The Psalter of Our Lady
[Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rosarybay.com%2Fwp%2...f=1&nofb=1]

PSALM XXI.

That God, my God, turns his face towards me, thanks to thy merits, 0 Mary, always virgin.

O Lady, I have cried to thee day and night: thou hast had mercy upon thy servant.

Because I have hoped in thy mercy, thou hast saved me from eternal disgrace.

My enemies have everywhere derided me, but thou, beneath the shadow of thy hand, thou hast reserved for me a sure retreat.

Let the families of the nations adore thee, and let all the orders of angels glorify thee.

Glory, &c.

PSALM XXII.

The Lord guide me, Virgin Mother of God, because thou hast turned towards me thy favourable countenance.

Blessed be thy luminous eyes, that thou deignest mercifully to incline towards us, sinners.

Blessed be the light and splendour of thy countenance. Blessed be the grace of thy person.

Blessed be the mercy of thy hands; blessed be the source of thy virginal milk.

Let the Apostles and Prophets of God praise thee; let the martyrs, the confessors, and the virgins sing unto thee hymns.

Glory, &c.

PSALM XXIII.

The earth is the Lord’s and all that is therein; and thou, Holy Mother, thou reignest with him in eternity.

Thou art clothed in glory and beaut ; all precious stones form thy garment and thy vestments.

The splendour of the sun is upon thy head; the beauty of the moon is beneath thy feet.

The twinkling of the constellations ornament thy seat; the stars glorify thee, 0 Star of Morn !

Remember thou us, O Lady, in thy goodness, and render thou us worthy to glorify thy name.

Glory, &c.

PSALM XXIV.

Unto thee, O Lady, do I lift my soul; thanks to thy prayers, I shall not blush at the judgment of God.

Let not mine adversaries rejoice over me; for they who trust in thee will be strengthened.

Let not the nets of death prevail against me; and let not the encampments of the wicked stay my steps.

Break their efforts by thy virtue, and succour my soul by thy gentleness.

Be my guide towards my country, and deign to admit me into the assembly of the angels.

Glory, &c.

PSALM XXV.

Judge me, O Lady, for I have wandered from the ways of my innocence; but I have trusted in thee, therefore I shall not fall.

Kindle my heart with the fire of thy love, and encircle my reins with the girdle of thy chastity.

Because thy mercy and thy clemency are before mine eyes, and I rejoice to sing thy praises.

O Lady, I have loved the beauty of thy countenance, and I have venerated thy holy majesty.

Confess her name because it is holy, and because her marvellous works are recounted throughout all ages.

Glory, &c.

PSALM XXVI.

0 Lady, may the glory of thy countenance be my light, and let the serenity of thy face be reflected upon my spirit.

Raise my heart above my enemies, and I shall sing, I shall sing a psalm in thy name.

Turn not away thy countenance from me, because since my youth I have desired thy beauty and thy virtue.

I have loved thee and sought thee, queen of the heavens, take not away thy mercy and thy grace from thy servant.

Glory, &c.

PSALM XXVII.

I have cried unto thee, O Lady, and thou hast favourably heard me; thou rejoicest me by the song of thy praises.

Have pity upon me in the day of my agony, and deliver me by the light of thy truth.

Blessed be thou, 0 our Lady, from all the ends of the earth.

The sanctuary which strengthens the hands of God, is the holy temple of thy body.

Thy conscience is pure and immaculate; it is the sacred tie of atonement and habitation of God.

Glory, &c.

PSALM XXVIII.

Offeb to our Lady, children of God, offer to our Lady respect and praise.

Give virtue to thy saints, Holy Mother; a blessing to those who praise and glorify thee.

Favourably hear the groans of those who cry after thee, and despise not thou the vows of those who invoke thy name.

May thy hand be ready to succour me, and may thine ear be attentive to my prayer.

May the heaven and the earth bless thee; as well as the sea and the globe of the earth.

Glory, &c.

PSALM XXIX.

I will celebrate thee, 0 Lady, because thou hast protected me: thou hast delivered me from my unjust enemy.

Look with favour upon me, and enliven me; draw me back from the gates of death, and draw me out of the tribulations which environ me.

By the empire and magnificence of thy right, break and disperse all my enemies.

And I will offer thee a sacrifice of praise, and I will
devoutly exalt thy glory.

Heavens leap for joy ; earth skip with gladness, because Mary rewards her servants, and she has pity on the poor.

Glory, &c.

PSALM XXX.

I have hoped in thee, O Lady, I shall not be confounded everlastingly; receive thou me into thy favour.

Thou art my strength and my refuge, my consolation and my protection.

Deliver thou me from the snare hidden to catch me, because thou art my auxiliary.

Into thy hands, O Lady, I commit my soul, all my life and my latter day.

O Lady, to the£ have I cried when my heart was in trouble ; and thou heardest me favourably from the eternal hills.

Glory, &c.
"So let us be confident, let us not be unprepared, let us not be outflanked, let us be wise, vigilant, fighting against those who are trying to tear the faith out of our souls and morality out of our hearts, so that we may remain Catholics, remain united to the Blessed Virgin Mary, remain united to the Roman Catholic Church, remain faithful children of the Church."- Abp. Lefebvre

Messages In This Thread
RE: St. Bonaventure: The Psalter of Our Lady - by Stone - 11-13-2021, 07:43 AM