Every Day with Saint Francis de Sales - March
Every Day with Saint Francis de Sales

Teachings and Examples from the Life of the Saint by Salesiana Publishers

March 24th (page 85)

Live totally united to God and in Him alone, because life separated from Him is nothing but death! You do well not to influence your daughter's will; it is solely the work of the Holy Ghost to send good inspirations according to His own pleasure. On my part, I still have some hope and good indications that He will make her totally and perfectly His own. I do not doubt that she will obtain sufficient help to discover the truth, seeing that she seems marked for divine favor.

(Letters 1090; O. XVII, p. 10)

On March 24, 1599, Pope Clement VIII sent a brief to Bishop De Granier, bishop of Geneva, appointing Francis de Sales as his coadjutor with right of succession and rejoicing with him on such a fine choice. The pope assured the bishop of the great satisfaction he had felt in getting to know Francis de Sales. On the same day, the new coadjutor was named the titular bishop of Nicopoli. The Holy Father also approved the requests which had been presented to him for the setting up of parishes in the region of the Chablais.This was in recognition of the outstanding zeal of our saint. Even in such extraordinary circumstances, he set aside his own interests to occupy himself to further the glory ofGod and the salvation of souls.

(A.S. III, p. 609)

What use is it to get upset? Why do you want to change your way of serving God? Everyone should attend to the
exercises proper to his or her own vocation, state andcondition in life. That is enough.

Nothing can hurt you. God is near.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Every Day with Saint Francis de Sales - March - by Hildegard of Bingen - 03-24-2021, 10:52 AM