Words of Our Lord to Sr. Josefa Menendez on His Passion
ON THE SEVEN LAST WORDS FROM THE CROSS
PART 6 - CONCLUSION

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.pinimg.com%2F736x%2Fd...f=1&nofb=1]

This sixth part is the shortest one, a coda as it were, to this poignant Passion Narrative.
It covers our Lord’s thoughts given to Sister Josefa on what are known as His Seven Last Words, phrases actually, that He uttered from the Cross as recorded in the Gospels.

March 30, 1923 Good Friday

JESUS ON THE CROSS

I have made my sufferings known to you… follow Me in them… accompany Me and share in My agony.

Now is the hour for the world’s Redemption! They were about to lift Me up as a spectacle of derision to the crowd… but also of admiration to souls.

Peace has come to the world! The Cross, hitherto an instrument of torture on which criminals were made to die, is changed into the light and peace of the world and the object of the most profound veneration.

Sinners will draw pardon and life from My sacred wounds. My Blood will wash away and efface all their filth and foulness.

Pure souls will come to My wounds, there to slake their thirst and kindle flames of love in their hearts. There they will find a refuge, and forever make a home. The world has found a Redeemer, and chosen souls the Model they must copy.

And as for you, Josefa, these hands are yours to give you support, these feet to follow you and never leave you alone.

Write all that you see.

Quote:
THE SEVEN LAST WORDS

FATHER, FORGIVE THEM FOR THEY KNOW NOT WHAT THEY DO

They have not known Him who is their life. On His shoulders they have heaped the fury of their iniquities. But I beseech Thee, Father, heap upon them the full measure of Thy mercy.

TODAY THOU SHALT BE WITH ME IN PARADISE…

… for thy faith in thy Savior’s mercy has wiped out all thy offenses and it will lead thee to eternal blessedness.

WOMAN, BEHOLD THY SON!

O Mother Mine! These are My brethren…keep them…love them. You for whom I died are no longer alone; you have a Mother to whom you can have recourse in every necessity.

MY GOD, WHY HAST THOU FORSAKEN ME?

Yes, henceforth a soul has the right to say to its God: “Why hast Thou forsaken me?” After the mystery of the Redemption was consummated man became the son of God, Christ is his brother, eternal life his heritage.

I THIRST!

O My Father, I thirst indeed for Thy glory, and behold now is the hour at hand! Man shall henceforth know through the fulfillment of My wounds that Thou indeed hast sent Me, and Thou shalt be glorified. I thirst for souls, and to appease this thirst I have given the last drop of My Blood…and so I can say:

ALL IS CONSUMMATED!

Now at length is accomplished that great mystery of love in which a God delivers up His own Son to death. I came into this world to do Thy will; O My Father, it is accomplished.

INTO THY HANDS I COMMEND MY SPIRIT!

To Thee I give back My soul. Thus shall souls that do My will have the right to say in all truth: All is consummated….My Lord and My God, receive My soul which I commit into Thy hands.

Josefa, write down what you have heard. I want souls to hear and to read what is written…So that they who thirst may drink and the hungry may be filled.
"So let us be confident, let us not be unprepared, let us not be outflanked, let us be wise, vigilant, fighting against those who are trying to tear the faith out of our souls and morality out of our hearts, so that we may remain Catholics, remain united to the Blessed Virgin Mary, remain united to the Roman Catholic Church, remain faithful children of the Church."- Abp. Lefebvre

Messages In This Thread
RE: Words of Our Lord to Sr. Josefa Menendez on His Passion - by Stone - 02-19-2021, 04:08 PM