The Three Days of Darkness
     The "Storm Novena" is valuable, in that it brings us to the Blessed Sacrament nine times in one day. Another devotion most pleasing to Our Lord is to His Holy Face. He not only wishes us to make reparation for the insults to His Holy Face, but He wants us to behold Him face to face for all eternity. Saint Athanasius relates that the devils on being asked what verse in the Scriptures they feared the most, replied: "That with which the 67th Psalm commences: Let God arise, and let His Enemies be scattered, and let them that hate Him flee from before His face!" They added that this verse always compelled them to take flight.
     We should give special attention to Saint Michael, the Archangel, and continue to recite the prayer (by Pope Leo XIII) after each Mass. This holy Pope composed this prayer after his terrifying vision of Satan's power of destruction in these times.
    Much more devotion should be given to the Holy Ghost. We should be impressed with the importance of the Holy Ghost when we recall that Our Lord said that He must go, in order that the Holy Ghost could come.. and "The Holy Ghost will teach you all things that you need to know."
     We should not forget the Poor Souls in Purgatory. We ask them for favors, and pray for their release.
     The Green Scapular continues to bestow many blessings and effect many conversion and returns to Church, with the Prayer: "Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us now and at the hour of our death."
     In Our Lord's revelations to Berthe Petit, He particularly asked devotion to Our Blessed Mother under the title of "Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary."
     A prayer too much forgotten is the one which Our Lady of Fatima asked to be said when we offer sacrifices: "O Jesus, it is for love of Thee, for the conversion of sinners, and in reparation for the sins committed against the Immaculate Heart of Mary." This is a Miraculous prayer... please use it often.
     When Sister Josefa Menendez (Called the "second Margaret-Mary") asked Our Lady for a prayer to be said constantly while working, She gave this: "O My Beloved, Who art also My God, make my heart a flame of pure love for Thee!"
     Very great promises to save countless souls accompany this little prayer which Our Lord taught to Sister M. Consolato Betrone (Capuchin Nun): "JESUS, MARY, I LOVE THEE! SAVE SOULS!"
     The fifteen prayers of Saint Bridget of Sweden, on the Passion of Our Lord, are most timely, since Our Lady has recently impressed upon us that we "must think more of the Passion of Jesus."
     Booklets, leaflets, chaplets and medals are available for any devotion of your choice. However, out of all these private devotions, we must remember that Our Blessed Mother's Rosary is the most important, according to the requests of both Jesus and Mary.
     Also the Stations of the Cross, and the Stations of our Sorrowful Mother... since all of these cause us to meditate upon the Passion of Our Lord and the compassion of Our Lady.
     In one of Our Blessed Mother's revelations to a stigmatic nun in Italy, She said: "My daughter, the time is not far off. When men least expect it, the course of Divine Justice will be accomplished. My Heart is so big for poor sinners and I make use of very possible means that they may be saved. Look at My mantle, how big it is! If I were not bowed over the world, to cover all with My maternal love, the tempest of fire would already have broken upon the nations. This is the mantle of My Mercy for all those who, have repented, come back to My Immaculate Heart. See, My right hand holds the mantle to cover and save poor sinner, while My left hand holds back Divine Justice so that the time of mercy may still be prolonged. To help me in this, I ask that the prayer of "Maternal Refuge" be spread as a most useful means to obtain graces and salvation for poor sinners.
     Say often, with you arms crossed: "QUEEN OF THE UNIVERSE, MEDIATRIX OF MEN TO GOD, REFUGE OF ALL OUR HOPES! HAVE MERCY ON US!"

THREE DAYS OF DARKNESS, pages 20-24

Messages In This Thread
The Three Days of Darkness - by Elizabeth - 01-04-2021, 12:15 AM
RE: The Three Days of Darkness - by Elizabeth - 01-20-2021, 02:42 PM
RE: The Three Days of Darkness - by Elizabeth - 01-21-2021, 12:09 PM
RE: The Three Days of Darkness - by Elizabeth - 01-28-2021, 01:38 PM
RE: The Three Days of Darkness - by Elizabeth - 02-01-2021, 03:11 PM
RE: The Three Days of Darkness - by Elizabeth - 02-04-2021, 11:27 PM
RE: The Three Days of Darkness - by Stone - 02-05-2021, 10:15 AM
RE: The Three Days of Darkness - by Elizabeth - 02-06-2021, 11:34 PM
RE: The Three Days of Darkness - by Elizabeth - 02-07-2021, 03:32 PM
RE: The Three Days of Darkness - by Elizabeth - 02-08-2021, 11:31 PM