The Recusant #60: SSPX Watch!
(04-24-2023, 03:42 PM)TheRecusant.com Wrote:
(04-23-2023, 10:24 PM)Ruthy Wrote: Is this anything new, that the SSPX priests don't make sick calls to non-parishioners? I have no experience with that. I do know that if you are in line for confession and let's say there are only two to three people left and time is up.....you are out of luck. They close shop. I know this from experience. I couldn't believe it. We had been there for hours waiting in line and then...sorry, gotta go. That is St. Marys, KS for you. So many priests, but, not enough time.+

At St. Mary's KS, really? I thought they had loads of priests there? I'm a little shocked to hear that, even by the standards of the modern, new-and-improved SSPX, that's pretty shocking! 

Apart from the celebrant, what are all the other priests doing during a given Mass on a Sunday morning? Even I'm a bit surprised to hear that.

That was over ten years ago that that happened. I think it was a Good Friday and there were confessions before the afternoon liturgy started. We had been in line for a couple of hours.  There were 3 or 4 priests hearing confessions. Then the priests were starting to leave and we would be moved to another line. And for some reason the last line we were moved to, that line was outside and there were just a hand full and when it got to just two or three of us left, he said he was done. I really needed confession after that incident.
According to their bulletin, they have a couple of priests per Sunday Mass for confessions. They now also have online sign up for week day confessions. And if all the slots are filled you are out of luck for going when you wanted to go. Nevermind, if you committed a mortal sin and needed to go to confession. Sorry, confessions all booked up. Back when we went there, to confessions during the week, we would just sit in the pew and move down. Confessions were from 7-9 and the priest never left until the last one was finished.

Messages In This Thread
The Recusant #60: SSPX Watch! - by Stone - 04-23-2023, 08:03 AM
RE: The Recusant #60: SSPX Watch! - by Ruthy - 04-23-2023, 10:24 PM
RE: The Recusant #60: SSPX Watch! - by Stone - 04-24-2023, 06:22 AM
RE: The Recusant #60: SSPX Watch! - by Ruthy - 04-24-2023, 08:41 PM