The New Mass Never Gives Grace
Bishop Williamson’s position that the New Mass gives grace, contradicts the truth he received from Archbishop Lefebvre
Taken from here [slightly adapted].

Bishop Williamson wrongly says that the Council of Trent infallibly teaches that a valid New Mass gives Grace. Here are Bishop Williamson’s recent words [May 20, 2016]:

Quote:I’m sure you ask yourselves: “What kind of world are my children going to have to grow up in? How are they going to keep the Faith?” Very good question. By prayer and Charity and by frequenting the sacraments, so long as they are still available, so long as it’s at all still possible to reach the sacraments. And some Novus—I’ve got into quite a lot of controversy for saying this, but it’s true—there is no question that some Novus Ordo Masses are valid.  And if they’re valid, then it’s defined by the Council of Trent that grace passes, “ex opere operato”, is the strict phrase.

Archbishop Lefebvre [has plainly stated] the New Mass does not give grace. Here are his words:

Quote:[T]he Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, desecrated as it is [i.e., the New Mass], no longer confers grace and no longer transmits it.

[url=https://thecatacombs.org/showthread.php?tid=266&pid=334#pid334[/url], Ch.3.

Bishop Williamson was a great bishop and could be so again, in the future. Let us pray for this poor man who is spending his days promoting his own brand of liberalism which is not the teaching of the Church or Archbishop Lefebvre.
"So let us be confident, let us not be unprepared, let us not be outflanked, let us be wise, vigilant, fighting against those who are trying to tear the faith out of our souls and morality out of our hearts, so that we may remain Catholics, remain united to the Blessed Virgin Mary, remain united to the Roman Catholic Church, remain faithful children of the Church."- Abp. Lefebvre

Messages In This Thread
The New Mass Never Gives Grace - by Stone - 07-27-2022, 11:28 AM
RE: The New Mass Never Gives Grace - by Stone - 07-27-2022, 11:34 AM
RE: The New Mass Never Gives Grace - by Stone - 07-28-2022, 09:29 AM