Immodesty Satan's Virtue
“Mainly through sins of impurity, do the forces of darkness subjugate souls.”
Pope Pius XII

END OF PART 1:
Conclusion: Reparation

If you have read this far, I hope that the earlier part of this book has convinced you of the truths about modesty in dress and convinced you to make the necessary changes in your wardrobe. In this Part 1, I have brought together as many Bible and Church statements I could find and added some of the many experiences of the Saints to show you how important this issue is. It is a stone upon which much of our spiritual life rests. Modesty can be a great help to our secure progress in developing interior virtues. I have shown how the recovery of this virtue, will help restore chastity in the world and defeat Satan who has used immodesty as his virtue, to drag many souls to hell.

God thought it was important enough to send down Our Blessed Mother to warn us and remind us to imitate Her as our heavenly model. We can see how She has intervened throughout history because She loves us so much. Our world is headed in a direction from which only Her intercession can stop it and She expects our help through prayers, sacrifices and that modesty in dress She said is so necessary.

Satan has made an all-out attempt to confuse, discourage and fool us with this issue whether we are aware of it or not. Many of us have been fooled into his trap. As St. John Chrysostom said, “Where virtue is, there are many snares.” And Satan has not neglected to set many ‘snares’ of confusion on this issue.

Armed with what you now know you have ability to change, to make the choice that will make the difference for you and your family and for those you know.

The Church has handed us the guidelines that we can use to choose to change our wardrobe (and don’t neglect to keep them in mind when you shop!). I have shared with you, as best as I could, what I considered practical wisdom in regards to senses and behaviour. Read and reread. Pray and share this with your children as they grow, but please practice it!

Our own spiritual progress is the key to our own salvation. Prayer and sacrifice for sinners are the most important thing we can do for others. Let modesty in dress be just one of the first stepping stones in your spiritual life.

Let us realize all the truths that the Church has so patiently taught us concerning modesty and let us not ‘protest’ that they are outdated, or some such thing as this then makes us ‘Protestants’ and this we are NOT as part of the Holy Roman Catholic Faith! So, discern very well for yourselves all that you have just learned calling upon the Holy Ghost to guide you. May the Blessed Mother help you and lead you to allow these truths to come in through the wall of your reason and pride. And we pray, that with our help She may crush the infernal enemy, Satan, whose virtue is immodesty, so that Her immaculate Heart may finally triumph! May God be with you!

Understanding now, the great insult and sacrilege Our Lord patiently endures each day. Let us now say these ‘PRAYERS OF REPARATION TO THE SACRED HEART’ as a first sign of our commitment to making reparation for these sins.

Prayers of Reparation to the Sacred Heart

O Lord Jesus Christ, deign to look with mercy upon us who come to console Thy Divine Heart and to make amends for our sins and the sins of all mankind. May our promises touch Thy Divine Heart, and obtain mercy for ourselves and for all the guilty world, particularly for those who do not know or love Thee.

For the forgetfulness and ingratitude of men, we will console Thee, Jesus.
     For Thy abandonment in Thy holy tabernacles, we will console Thee, Jesus.
     For crimes of sinners, we will console Thee, Jesus.
     For the hatred of the impious, we will console Thee, Jesus.
     For the injuries inflicted on Thy Divinity, we will console Thee, Jesus.
     For the sacrileges which profane Thy Sacrament of Love, we will console Thee, Jesus.
     For the irreverences committed in Thy holy presence, we will console Thee, Jesus.
     For the perfidy of which Thou art the adorable Victim, we will console Thee, Jesus.
     For the coldness of the greater number of Thy children, we will console Thee, Jesus.
     For the little account they make of Thy love, we will console Thee, Jesus.
     For the infidelities of those who call themselves Thy friends, we will console Thee, Jesus.
     For our resistance to Thy grace, we will console Thee, Jesus.
     For our own sins and infidelities, we will console Thee, Jesus.
     For the hardness of our hearts, we will console Thee, Jesus.
     For our long delay in loving Thee, we will console Thee, Jesus.
     For our lukewarmness in Thy holy service, we will console Thee, Jesus.
     For the bitter sadness Thou dost feel at the loss of souls, we will console Thee, Jesus.
     For Thy long waiting at the door of our hearts, we will console Thee, Jesus.
     For the bitter insults with which Thou art loaded, we will console Thee, Jesus.
     For Thy sighs of love, we will console Thee, Jesus.
     For Thy tears of love, we will console Thee, Jesus.
     For Thy captivity of love, we will console Thee, Jesus.
     For Thy martyrdom of love, we will console Thee, Jesus.

O Divine Lord Jesus, whose Sacred Heart uttered this sorrowful complaint: “I sought for one to console Me and found none,” deign to accept this feeble tribute of our consolation. Assist us so powerfully by Thy grace that, shunning more and more all that is displeasing to Thee, we may prove ourselves always and everywhere Thy devoted children. We ask this O Jesus, through Thy Divine Heart, who with the Father and the Holy Ghost, livest and reignest world without end. Amen.

Eternal Father, I offer Thee the Sacred Heart of Jesus Christ, Thy beloved Son, as He Himself offers It to Thee in sacrifice. Accept this offering on my behalf, as well as all the desires, affections, movements and acts of this Sacred Heart. They are all mine because this Divine Heart is immolated for me, and I desire henceforth to have only Its desires. Accept them in satisfaction for the sins of the world, and my own sins in particular, and as an act of thanksgiving for all Thy benefits. Through their merits grant me all the graces I need for soul and body, especially the grace of final perseverance. Accept them as acts of love, adoration and praise which I offer to Thy Divine Majesty, because it is through the Sacred Heart of Jesus that Thou art worthily honoured and glorified. Amen.

Imprimatur – Joannes P. Cody, S.T.D.
Episcopus Kansanopolitanus - Sti. Josephi
                                                                                                 Feb. 16, 1959

Messages In This Thread
Immodesty Satan's Virtue - by Pax Vobiscum - 02-07-2021, 05:09 PM
RE: Immodesty Satan's Virtue - by Pax Vobiscum - 02-08-2021, 06:09 PM
RE: Immodesty Satan's Virtue - by Pax Vobiscum - 02-09-2021, 07:38 PM
RE: Immodesty Satan's Virtue - by Pax Vobiscum - 02-10-2021, 08:53 PM
RE: Immodesty Satan's Virtue - by Pax Vobiscum - 02-11-2021, 09:45 PM
RE: Immodesty Satan's Virtue - by Pax Vobiscum - 02-13-2021, 07:45 PM
RE: Immodesty Satan's Virtue - by Pax Vobiscum - 02-15-2021, 09:58 PM
RE: Immodesty Satan's Virtue - by Pax Vobiscum - 02-16-2021, 09:08 PM
RE: Immodesty Satan's Virtue - by Pax Vobiscum - 02-17-2021, 08:03 PM
RE: Immodesty Satan's Virtue - by Pax Vobiscum - 02-21-2021, 03:26 PM
RE: Immodesty Satan's Virtue - by Pax Vobiscum - 02-23-2021, 08:54 PM