Prayer of St. Pius X to St. Joseph
Prayer of Saint Pius X to Saint Joseph
Patron of Workers

O Glorious Saint, pattern of all who are devoted to work, obtain for me the grace.

- To work in the spirit of penance in order to atone for my sins;
- To work faithfully, putting duties before my own desires;
- To labor with gratitude and joy, considering it an honor to use and develop the talents I have received from God;
- To work with order, peace, moderation and patience, without shrinking from weariness or difficulties;
- To work with a pure intention and with detachment for self, having ever before my eyes the hour of death and the accounting I must give of time poorly spent, of talents unused, of good undone, and of empty pride in success.

All for Jesus through Mary; all in imitation of you, Holy Joseph.

Memorare to Saint Joseph

Remember, O most illustrious Patriarch Saint Joseph, on the testimony of St. Teresa, thy devoted client, never hath it been heard that anyone invoked thy protection and sought thy mediation who has not obtained relief. In this confidence, I come before thee, my loving protector, chaste spouse of Mary, foster-father of the Savior of men and dispenser of the treasures of His Sacred Heart. Despise not my earner prayer but graciously hear and obtain my petition.

Let us pray:

O God, who by the ineffable Providence didst vouchsafe to choose blessed Joseph for the spouse of thy most holy Mother; grant, we beseech thee, that he whom we venerate as our protector on earth may be our intercessor in heaven; who livest and reignest for ever and ever. Amen.