OUR LADY HEALTH OF THE SICK
OUR LADY HEALTH OF THE SICK

https://tridentine-mass.blogspot.com/202...y.html?m=1

When Bishop Don Vasco de Quiroga wanted a statue of the Blesses Virgin for the Christian community of Patzcuaro, he persuaded a member of the Tarascan tribe to sculpt it for him.  Accustomed to fashioning idols, the Indian’s statue was well received and is the one that is now venerated as the miraculous image of Our Lady Health of the Sick.

For three centuries the little statue of Our Lady has been dearly loved and venerated by the Indians and the people of Patzcuaro.  Known for restoring peace, giving needed rain during droughts, restoring wells and spring, it has even dismissed epidemics.  But most of all, the Blessed Virgin is known as Nuestra Senora de la Salud, Our lady Health of the Sick, the worked of miracles and a guiding star for her faithful children. 

Prayer

Virgin, most holy, Mother of the Word Incarnate, Treasurer of graces, and Refuge of sinners, I fly top your motherly affection with lively faith, and I beg of you the grace ever to do the will of God.

Into your most holy hands I commit the keeping of my heart, asking you for health of soul and body, in the certain hope that you, my most loving Mother, will hear my prayer.

Into the bosom of your tender mercy, this day, every day of my life, and at the hour of my death, I commend my soul and body.

To you I entrust all my hopes and consolations, all my trials and miseries, my life and the end of my life, that all my actions may be ordered and disposed according to your will and that of your Divine Son. Amen.