Bishop Williamson [and the old-SSPX]: The New Mass is Intrisically Evil
Bishop Williamson [and the old-SSPX]: The New Mass is Intrisically Evil

At roughly the 0:55 minute mark:
Quote:"... The New Mass is in any case illicit. In any case. It's designed to please Protestants, it's designed to undo Catholicism. It's intrinsically offensive to God, it's intrinsically evil. That's how it was designed and that's how it turned out."

At roughly the 2:40 min mark:
Quote:"If the New Mass is valid but illicit, may I attend? NO! ... The fact that it's valid does not mean it's ok to attend."
"So let us be confident, let us not be unprepared, let us not be outflanked, let us be wise, vigilant, fighting against those who are trying to tear the faith out of our souls and morality out of our hearts, so that we may remain Catholics, remain united to the Blessed Virgin Mary, remain united to the Roman Catholic Church, remain faithful children of the Church."- Abp. Lefebvre
Since 2015 - the 'new' Bishop Williamson [taken from The Recusant]:

On the New Mass:

· There are Eucharistic miracles happening in the New Mass. These miracles are genuine and they have lessons for Traditional Catholics.

· The New Mass can nourish your Faith.

· Though it is the principal destroyer of the Church, the New Mass can give grace and spiritual nourishment.

· Attending the New Mass may do more good than harm spiritually.

· The problem with the New Mass is that it is ambiguous.

· Though not as good as the Traditional Mass, the New Mass is better than nothing.

· Though dangerous, the New Mass is helping souls to keep the Faith.

· Not everyone should avoid the New Mass and not every New Mass should be avoided.

· The New Mass can be what you make of it. A priest can celebrate it decently, a layman can attend it devoutly. Those who say otherwise are flying in the face of reality.

· How will your children/grandchildren keep the Faith? By going to the New Mass.

· The Council of Trent says that there is grace in the New Mass, as long as it is valid.

· People who say that you don’t get grace from the New Mass are just looking down their noses at Novus Ordo Catholics as though they’re trash. They almost don’t believe that Novus Ordo Catholics have souls.

· Because the New Mass is a mixture of good parts and bad parts, good people can use it to keep the Faith whilst remaining within the Novus Ordo.

· That some people find their way out of the New Mass and come to Tradition proves that the New Mass was giving them grace, which is what allowed them to do it.

· Novus Ordo Catholics who don’t understand about the problems with the New Mass can go to the New Mass and receive grace from it.

· Traditional Catholics who do understand about the problems with the New Mass can go to the New Mass and receive grace from it.

· Almighty God and His Blessed Mother are using the New Mass to save the souls of Novus Ordo Catholics in the Novus Ordo and through the Novus Ordo.

· Many New Masses are liberal and can’t be attended. Others aren’t and can be.
"So let us be confident, let us not be unprepared, let us not be outflanked, let us be wise, vigilant, fighting against those who are trying to tear the faith out of our souls and morality out of our hearts, so that we may remain Catholics, remain united to the Blessed Virgin Mary, remain united to the Roman Catholic Church, remain faithful children of the Church."- Abp. Lefebvre
Another example of how the 'traditional' Bishop Williamson used to preach on the New Mass: 

Quote:In 1969 Pope Paul VI laid hands on the Mass, and "freed" it from its ancient rite, named Tridentine from the Council of Trent when Pope Pius V codified it, but actually going much further back in time, parts even to the very beginning of the Church. Paul VI was "up-dating" the rite of the Mass, to make it also more acceptable to non-Catholics, in particular to Protestants. And since many Catholics live their religion principally through attendance at Mass, then it was Paul VI's New Order of Mass, or "Novus Ordo", which dramatically advanced the Vatican II process of transformation of millions and millions of Roman Catholics into Roman Protestants. - Letter of Bp. Williamson re Fraternity of St. Peter, December 1999
From the SSPX Archives [2003]

However, even if we could be certain of the validity of the Novus Ordo Masses celebrated in today’s Conciliar churches, it does not follow that they are pleasing to God. Much to the contrary, they are objectively sacrilegious, even if those who assist at them are not aware of it. By such a statement, I do not mean that all those who celebrate or assist at the New Mass are necessarily in mortal sin, having done something directly insulting to Almighty God and to our Divine Savior.

Sacrilege is a sin against the virtue of religion, and is defined as "the unbecoming treatment of a sacred person, place or thing as far as these are consecrated to God" (Jone, Moral Theology, p.108). The moral theologians explain that sacrilege is in itself and generally a mortal sin (ex genere suo), but that it is not always a mortal sin, because it can concern a relatively small or unimportant thing. Here we are speaking of a real sacrilege, the dishonoring of the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, by the elimination of the prayers and ceremonies that protect its holiness, by the absence of respect, piety and adoration, and by the failure to express the Catholic doctrine of the Mass as a true propitiatory sacrifice for our sins. [...]

Likewise with the New Mass. It can be an objectively mortal sin of sacrilege if Holy Communion is distributed in the hand or by lay ministers, if there is no respect, if there is talking or dancing in church, or if it includes some kind of ecumenical celebration, etc. It can also be an objectively venial sin of sacrilege if it is celebrated with unusual respect and devotion, so that it appears becoming and reverential to Almighty God. This in virtue of the omissions in the rites and ceremonies, which constitute a true disrespect to Our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament and to the Blessed Trinity, and of the failure to express the true nature of what the Mass really is. In each case, the subjective culpability is an altogether other question that God only can judge.

However, regardless of the gravity of the sacrilege, the New Mass still remains a sacrilege, and it is still in itself sinful. Furthermore, it is never permitted to knowingly and willingly participate in an evil or sinful thing, even if it is only venially sinful. For the end does not justify the means. Consequently, although it is a good thing to want to assist at Mass and satisfy one’s Sunday obligation, it is never permitted to use a sinful means to do this. To assist at the New Mass, for a person who is aware of the objective sacrilege involved, is consequently at least a venial sin. It is opportunism. Consequently, it is not permissible for a traditional Catholic, who understands that the New Mass is insulting to Our Divine Savior, to assist at the New Mass, and this even if there is no danger of scandal to others or of the perversion of one’s own Faith (as in an older person, for example), and even if it is the only Mass available.
Borrowed from this thread:

The following is a question and answer from the TIA website [slightly adapted, emphasis mine].

While there are some strong differences between TIA and ourselves on some issues regarding the Faith, it is the stance of The Catacombs to happily republish articles that in and of themselves, repeat the Catholic Faith and Catholic Truth.

The following is such an issue:

Why Did I Receive Graces at the Novus Ordo Mass?

June 2, 2022 question.

Dear Mr. Guimarães,

May the peace of the Eucharistic Jesus and the Imaculata be with you.

We thank God for your response to the below email in the version of TIA Mail which was received on 01 June. Your help is much appreciated.

This should not be the case, but I am struggling with the information provided. It is clear and understandable and it confirms what I have been questioning for the last several years regarding the Novus Ordo, even before we started to attend the Traditional Latin Mass.

What I struggle with is the fact that I was raised after Vatican II so my exposure to Mass had always been the Novus Ordo. My wife and I have been raising our children under the Novus Ordo. I struggle also with this information because under the Novus Ordo I have come to love the Eucharistic Jesus and have come to love the Catholic faith more. It is difficult to understand how I have come to grow in the faith and desire the truth while still attending the Novus Ordo. Also, this information will not be very well accepted by some in my immediate family. Please pray for me that God may give my the rights words and the right time to share all the information that He has given me.

My desire is to glorify God, save my soul, and provide the opportunity for my family to save their souls. At this moments, this feels like a very heavy cross that God is calling me to carry.

You are in my prayers. May you have a blessed day.

In Christ's love,

M.G.

Quis ut Deus

The Editor responds:

Dear Mr. M.G.,

Thank you for including me in your prayers. I appreciate it very much.

If I understand your perplexity well, it would be summarized in this way: How could I receive graces – such as an increase in my Eucharistic devotion – if the Novus Ordo Mass is wrong?

Grace can be given to a person in any situation, no matter how wrong it may be: at a Novus Ordo Mass, a Protestant service or even a Black Mass.

Many Protestants report that they got fed up with their heretical services, converted and looked for a Catholic Traditional Mass. We see that Divine Providence was giving them graces while they were attending those services.

In his novel La Bas (Down There), the famous Belgian writer Joris-Karl Huysmann described his attendance at a Black Mass said by an apostate priest and followed by a Satanic orgy, which included the explicit profanation of consecrated Hosts. Notwithstanding, in that period of his life he was receiving graces to convert and to be the good Catholic he later became.

These graces do not reveal that the Protestant services or the Black Masses were the source of the graces received by those attending them. The graces were given to them despite their attendance at those bad ceremonies.

So also, your Eucharistic devotion could increase when you were attending the Novus Ordo Mass, despite the fact that this Mass was made to decrease the role of the Holy Eucharist in the mind of Catholics.

[See the 1910 Catholic Encyclopedia description of the French author who attended these Black Masses and later converted here. - The Catacombs]
Since the video of Bp. Williamson in the opening post has been made private, here is an alternate copy.
From a Commentary by Fr. Girouard in 2013 concerning Bishop Fellay's Doctrinal Preamble, below is an excerpt focusing on the errors in the Preamble on the New Mass: 

5.    Instead of a declaration against the New Mass, as being something which seriously undermines the majesty of Almighty God and thus in that way a serious sin against the First Commandment, we’re now content simply to recognise its validity under certain conditions (cf. para III.7) We hide under a bushel the fact that the Novus Ordo Missae directly attacks the greatest treasure of the Church, the source of supernatural life which is the Sacrifice of the Head of the Church, Our Lord Jesus Christ.