Gov. Cuomo: ‘Knock on doors,’ ‘put [people] in a car,’ ‘get that vaccine in their arm
NY Gov. Cuomo: ‘Knock on doors,’ ‘put [people] in a car,’ ‘get that vaccine in their arm.’

Andrew Cuomo raised eyebrows this week with particularly aggressive
rhetoric aimed at getting the unvaccinated to take the shot.

ALBANY, New York, July 28, 2021 (LifeSiteNews) — Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s community outreach plans have some Americans concerned. The New York governor this week described a “mission” to put unvaccinated New Yorkers in cars and “get that vaccine in their arm.” 

“We have to get in those communities, and we have to knock on those doors, and we have to convince people, and put them in a car, and drive them, and get that vaccine in their arm,” Cuomo said during a COVID briefing at Yankee Stadium on Monday. “That is the mission.” 

“In other words, he’s basically admitting that his administration would all but force New Yorkers to get an injection they’d otherwise be hesitant to get,” wrote Isa Cox in a commentary for the Western Journal. 
“This is essentially what’s happening there,” Cox added. “We’re only a hair away from this degree of utter and total fascism.” 

Cuomo made the startling comments even as 75% of New Yorkers are reportedly “fully vaccinated.”  
The remaining 25% who haven’t gotten the jab account for about 3.5 million residents. 
“These numbers can be hard to put into context, but 3.5 million is larger than 21 other states’ total population,” Cuomo said. “When you put this COVID delta variant — which is transmitted much easier than the normal COVID virus — you put that variant with 3.5 million people, that spells ‘spread of COVID.’” 
The governor’s aggressive comments give life to the concerns many conservatives voiced when the Biden administration announced its controversial initiative to go door to door to convince Americans to get the jab. 
“I won’t buy a magazine subscription door to door,” tweeted retired Major League Baseball player Aubrey Huff. “What makes you think I’d take a free poison into my body?”