Little Chaplet of the Five Wounds of Jesus Crucified - Devotion to the Passion by St. Alphonsus
[Image: 5bb7e4eb240000500098a9b8.jpeg?ops=scalef..._noupscale]

DEVOTION TO THE PASSION

Little Chaplet of the Five Wounds of Jesus Crucified.

(Taken from St. Alphonsus’ Prayer-Book – pages 454-456)

O my Lord Jesus Christ, I adore the Wound in Thy left Foot.  I thank Thee for having suffered it for me with so much sorrow and with so much love.  I compassionate Thy pain, and that of Thine afflicted Mother.  And, by the merit of this sacred Wound, I pray Thee to grant me the pardon of my sins, of which I repent with all my heart, because they have offended Thine infinite goodness.  O sorrowing Mary, pray to Jesus for me. 

“Our Father”, “Hail Mary,” “Glory be,” etc. 

O my Lord Jesus Christ, I adore the Wound in Thy right Foot.  I thank Thee for having suffered it for me with so much sorrow and with so much love.  I compassionate Thy pain, and that of Thine afflicted Mother.  And, by the merit of this sacred Wound, I pray Thee to give me the strength not to fall into mortal sin for the future, but to persevere in Thy grace unto my death.  O sorrowing Mary, pray to Jesus for me.

O my Lord Jesus Christ, I adore the Wound in Thy left Hand.  I thank Thee for having suffered it for me with so much sorrow and with so much love.  I compassionate Thy pain, and that of Thine afflicted Mother.  And, by the merit of this sacred Wound, I pray Thee to deliver me from hell, which I have so often deserved, and where I could never love Thee more.  O sorrowing Mary, pray to Jesus for me.

O my Lord Jesus Christ, I adore the Wound in Thy right Hand.  I thank Thee for having suffered it for me with so much sorrow and with so much love.  I compassionate Thy pain, and that of Thy most afflicted Mother.  And, by the merit of this sacred Wound, I pray Thee to give me the glory of paradise, where I shall love Thee perfectly, and with all my strength.  O sorrowing Mary, pray to Jesus for me. 

O my Lord Jesus Christ, I adore the Wound in Thy Side.  I thank Thee for having willed, even Thy Side.  I thank Thee for having willed, even after Thy death, to suffer this additional injury, without pain indeed; yet with consummate love.  I compassionate Thine afflicted Mother, who alone felt all its pain.  And, by the merit of this sacred Wound, I pray Thee to bestow upon me the gift of holy love for Thee, that so I may ever love Thee in this life, and, in the other, face to face to all eternity in paradise.  O sorrowing Mary, pray for me. 

Eternal Father, I offer Thee the precious Blood, the Passion and the Death of Jesus Christ, the sorrows of the Blessed Virgin Mary and of St. Joseph, in expiation of my sins, for the deliverance of the souls in purgatory, for the needs of our holy mother the Church, and for the conversion of sinners.

In the following pdf document, you will find all the prayers "Devotion to the Passion" by St. Alphonsus Liguori from his Prayer Book.

.pdf   Devotion to the Passion - Prayers to Jesus Christ.pdf (Size: 892.3 KB / Downloads: 0)