To Jesus nailed to the Cross - Devotion to the Passion
(Taken from St. Alphonsus’ Prayer-Book – pages 451)

[Image: station11.jpg]

DEVOTION TO THE PASSION
To Jesus nailed to the Cross.
The wounds of Jesus are wounds which soften the hardest hearts and inflame the most frozen souls.

Ah, my Jesus, what was it that nailed Thy Hands and Thy Feet to this wood but the love Thou didst beat to men?  Thou, by the pain of Thy pierced Hands, wast willing to pay the penalty due to all the sins of touch that men have committed; and, by the pain of Thy Feet, Thou wast willing to pay for all the steps by which we have gone our way to offend Thee.  O my crucified Love, with these pierced Hands give me Thy benediction!  Oh, nail this ungrateful heart of mine to Thy Feet, that so I may no more depart from Thee, and that this will of mine, which has so often rebelled against.  Thee, may remain ever steadily fixed in Thy love.  Grant that nothing else but Thy love, and the desire of pleasing Thee, may move me.  Although I behold Thee suspended upon this gibbet, I believe Thee to be the Lord of the world, the true Son of God, and the Saviour of mankind.  For pity’s sake, O my Jesus, never abandon me again at any period of my life, and more especially at the hour of my death, in those last agonies and struggles with hell, do Thou assist me, and strengthen me to die in Thy love.  I love Thee, my crucified Love, I love Thee with all my heart.  Amen.