Attach Great Importance to Your Scapular
[Image: Odla7jCbH8_2nevZCBgsosqGWrN6yI7mVxtwMfWP...YqNbZRYEFQ]

ATTACH GREAT IMPORTANCE TO YOUR SCAPULAR

IT IS AN ASSURANCE OF SALVATION

“WHOSOEVER DIES CLOTHED IN THIS (SCAPULAR) SHALL NOT SUFFER ETERNAL FIRE.”
This is Mary’s Promise
Made July 16th, 1251
To Saint Simon Stock

Your SCAPULAR, then should take on deep meaning for you. It is a rich present brought down from Heaven by

OUR LADY HERSELF

“Wear it devoutly and perseveringly,” she says so each soul, “it is my garment. To be clothed in it means you are continually thinking of me,
and I in turn, am always thinking of you and helping you to secure eternal life.”

St. Alphonsus says:
“Just as men take pride in having others wear their livery, so the most holy Mary is pleased when her servants wear her scapular as a mark that they have dedicated themselves to her service, and are members of the Family of the Mother of God.”

True Devotion to Mary
CONSISTS IN THREE THINGS
Veneration – Confidence – Love
Without saying to Mary that we venerate her, love her and trust her, we tell her these things every moment of the day, by simply wearing the scapular.

THE SCAPULAR then is a Prayer

Our Lord taught us to say “Our Father.” Mary taught us the value of the scapular. When we use it as a prayer, Our Lady draws us to the Sacred Heart of her Divine Son.
It is well, therefore, to hold the scapular in the hand, while addressing Our Lady. A Prayer uttered thus while holding the mystical scapular is as perfect as a prayer can be.
It is especially in TIME OF TEMPTATION that we need the powerful intercession of God’s Mother. The evil spirit is utterly powerless when a scapular-wearer,
besides his silent devotion, faces temptation calling upon Mary.
“If Thou hadst recommended Thyself to me, Thou wouldst
Not have run into such danger,” was Our Lady’s gentle
Reproach to Blessed Alan.

THE SCAPULAR MEDAL

Many Catholics may not know that it is the wish of our Holy Father, the Pope, that the Scapular Medal should not be worn in place of the CLOTH SCAPULAR
without sufficiebnt reason. Mary cannot be pleased with any one who substitutes the medal out of vanity, or fear to make open profession of religion. Such persons
run the risk of not receiving the Promise. The medal has never been noted for any of the miraculous preservations attributed to the BROWN CLOTH SCAPULAR.

Because you love Mary’s Scapular

VENERATE IT OFTEN

Pope Benedict XV granted an indulgence of 500 days each time the scapular is kissed. MARY’S MOTHERHOOD is not limited to Catholics, it is extended to ALL MEN.
Many miracles of conversion have been wrought in favor of good non-Catholics who have been induced to practice the scapular devotion.

“I wanted to know if Mary really and truly interested Herself in me. And in the Scapular she has give me the most tangible assurance. I have only to open my eyes.
She has attached Her protection to this scapular: “Whosoever dies clothed in this, shall not suffer eternal fire.”  - Blessed Claude de la Colombiere

[i]Imprimatur :[/i]
[i]Thomas M. O.Leary, D.D.[/i]
[i]Bishop of Springfield[/i]
[i]July 16th, 1941[/i]