Ven. Louis of Granada: The Sinner's Guide
The Sinner's Guide
by Ven. Louis of Granada
1504-1588

[Image: Zw]

With Imprimi Potest and Imprimatur

"If you walk in my precepts, and keep my Commandments, and do them, I will give you rain in due seasons. And the ground shall bring forth its increase, and the trees shall be filled with fruit: . . . And you shall eat your bread to the full, and dwell in your land without fear. I will give peace in your coasts: you shall sleep, and there shall be none to make you afraid. . . . I will set my tabernacle in the midst of you, and My soul shall not cast you off. I will walk among you, and will be your God, and you shall be my people."-----Leviticus 26: 3-6,11-12

CONTENTS

Imprimatur and Apostolic Brief of Pope Gregory XIII

Motives for Practising Virtue
1. The First Motive which obliges us to practice Virtue and to serve God: His Being in itself, and the excellence of His Perfections
2. The Second Motive which obliges us to practice Virtue and to serve God: Gratitude for our Creation
3. The Third Motive which obliges us to serve God: Gratitude for our Preservation and for the Government of His Providence
4. The Fourth Motive which obliges us to practice Virtue:Gratitude for the Inestimable Benefit of our Redemption
5. The Fifth Motive which obliges us to practice Virtue: Gratitude for our Justification
6. The Sixth Motive which obliges us to practice Virtue: Gratitude for the Incomprehensible Benefit of Election
7. The Seventh Motive for practicing Virtue: The Thought of Death, the First of the Four Last Things
8. The Eighth Motive for practicing Virtue: The Thought of the Last Judgment, the Second of the Four Last Things
9. The Ninth Motive for practicing Virtue: The Thought of Heaven, the Third of the Four Last Things
10. The Tenth Motive for practicing Virtue: The Thought of Hell, the Fourth of the Four Last Things
11. The Eleventh Motive for practicing Virtue: The Inestimable Advantages promised it even in this Life

The Privileges of Virtue
12. The First Privilege of Virtue: God's fatherly Care of the Just
13. The Second Privilege of Virtue: The Grace with which the Holy Spirit fills Devout Souls
14. The Third Privilege of Virtue: The Supernatural Light and Knowledge granted to Virtuous Souls
15. The Fourth Privilege of Virtue: The Consolations with which the Holy Spirit visits the Just
16. The Fifth Privilege of Virtue: The Peace of a Good Conscience
17. The Sixth Privilege of Virtue: The Confidence of the Just
18. The Seventh Privilege of Virtue: The True Liberty Of the Just
19. The Eighth Privilege of Virtue: The Peace enjoyed by the Just
20. The Ninth Privilege of Virtue: The Manner in which God hears the Prayers of the Just
21. The Tenth Privilege of Virtue: The Consolation and Assistance with which God sustains the Just in their Afflictions
22. The Eleventh Privilege of Virtue: God's Care for the Temporal Needs of the Just
23. The Twelfth Privilege of Virtue: The Happy Death of the Just
24. The Folly of those who Defer their Conversion
25. Of those who Defer their Conversion until the Hour of Death
26. Of those who Continue in Sin, trusting in the Mercy of God
27. Of those who allege that the Path of Virtue is too Difficult
28. Of those who refuse to practice Virtue because they love the World
29. The First Remedy against Sin: A Firm Resolution not to commit it
30. Remedies against Pride
31. Remedies against Covetousness
32. Remedies against Lust
33. Remedies against Envy
34. Remedies against Gluttony
35. Remedies against Anger and Hatred
36. Remedies against Sloth
37. Other Sins to be avoided
38. Venial Sins
39. Shorter Remedies against Sins, particularly the Seven Deadly Sins
40. The Three Kinds of Virtues in which the Fullness of Justice Consists; and first, Man's Duty to Himself
41. Man's Duty to his Neighbor
42. Man's Duty to God
43. The Obligations of our State
44. The Relative Importance and Values of the Virtues
45. Four Important Corollaries of the preceding Doctrine
46. The Different Vocations in the Church
47. The Vigilance and Care necessary in the Practice of Virtue
48. The Courage necessary in the Practice of Virtue
"So let us be confident, let us not be unprepared, let us not be outflanked, let us be wise, vigilant, fighting against those who are trying to tear the faith out of our souls and morality out of our hearts, so that we may remain Catholics, remain united to the Blessed Virgin Mary, remain united to the Roman Catholic Church, remain faithful children of the Church."- Abp. Lefebvre

Messages In This Thread
Ven. Louis of Granada: The Sinner's Guide - by Stone - 01-06-2023, 09:11 AM