The Stations of the Cross by St. John Mary Vianney
[Image: station10.jpg]

X STATION: JESUS CHRIST IS STRIPPED OF HIS GARMENTS

V. We adore Thee, O Jesus, and we praise Thee.
A. Because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world.

Jesus Christ. See, my child, how much I suffer! My clothes are stuck against my bruised flesh, and the executioners tore them of me violently. All my wounds are reopened and the blood flows abundantly.

I suffer so, because you have lost grace by committing mortal sin.

I suffer for God to forgive you and for your soul to become pure again.

I suffer in silence to teach you never to murmur.

The faithful. O Jesus! I thank Thee for so much love! What a misfortune was mine! I had sanctifying grace, my soul was beautiful and similar to Thee, the Angels greeted her as their sister, the Blessed Trinity lived in it with delight, I was Thy beloved child, I had the right to see Thee in paradise. I sinned, and immediately I lost everything ..., grace, innocence, Thy friendship, heaven. My God, I am ashamed and I cry! And to return all these goods to me, O Jesus, it is necessary that Thou let them strip Thee of Thy clothing. Give me grace by receiving absolution, remembering what Thou hast suffered to deserve it and no longer offending Thee mortally.

Our Father. Hail Mary. Glory Be.

Have mercy on us, O Lord, have mercy on us.

Eternal rest give unto them. O Lord.

And let perpetual light shine upon them. May they rest in peace.

[Image: stat11.jpg]

XI STATION: JESUS CHRIST IS NAILED ON THE CROSS

V. We adore Thee, O Jesus, and we praise Thee.
A. Because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world.

Jesus Christ. Look My child: I am lying on the Cross; the executioners ask Me My hands, I tend them; My feet, I give them. They sink big nails with the hammer. At the same time, My flesh is torn, My bones are dislocated, My nerves and veins ruptured, and I am overtaken by the most ardent thirst. t is to expiate your disobediences and those of all men that I suffer thus.

The faithful. O Jesus! That Thou art good and that I am miserable! I, poor creature, I have so much trouble to submit to Thy adorable will, I obey so slowly and in such a bad mood! And Thou, sovereign Master of heaven and earth, we ask for Thy feet and hands to be pierce, and Thou give them freely, without resistance, and for three hours Thou remain nailed to the cross, because it is the will of Thy Father. What a lesson, my God! I understand it: he who does not obey cannot be Thy disciple nor hope to go to heaven, and it took the obedience of a God to expiate all of our revolts. O Jesus, sorry! I take the resolution to obey Thee always promptly and with joy, in order to be like Thee and to please Thee.

Our Father. Hail Mary. Glory Be.

Have mercy on us, O Lord, have mercy on us.
Eternal rest give unto them. O Lord.
And let perpetual light shine upon them.
May they rest in peace.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Stations of the Cross by St. John Mary Vianney - by Hildegard of Bingen - 02-16-2021, 11:29 AM