The Stations of the Cross by St. John Mary Vianney
[Image: c237ec6fde6547cce9902b34a085dd2b.jpg]

II STATION:  JESUS CHRIST IS MADE TO CARRY HIS CROSS

V. We adore Thee, O Jesus, and we praise Thee.

A. Because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world.

Jesus Christ. My child, I already have bruised and bleeding shoulders and the Jews still command Me to carry a heavy cross.

I accept it gently: receive likewise without complaining all the evils that you will have to endure.

The faithful. O Jesus, Thou art innocent and I am a sinner, it is I alone who should suffer. Give me the strength to patiently endure the sorrows of this life, the courage to do penance for my faults and the happiness of seeing Thee in heaven.

Our Father.  Hail Mary.  Glory Be.
Have mercy on us, O Lord, have mercy on us.
Eternal rest give unto them. O Lord.
And let perpetual light shine upon them.
May they rest in peace. 

[Image: 58919e679d42981dc2c7d5f7191e47b9.jpg]

III STATION:  JESUS CHRIST FALLS THE FIRST TIME

Jesus Christ.  My child, I fell to the ground. During the scourging and the crowning of thorns, I lost a lot of blood; I am weak and My cross is heavy: I cannot walk anymore. And look! By helping me to get up, the executioners insult Me and mistreat Me.

I fell, because you do not correct yourself. I'm expiating your bad habits.

Do you want my child, to help Me to rise and reduce my pain? Make the resolution to confess all your sins with true contrition, to avoid dangerous opportunities, and to live more Christian-like in the future.

The faithful.  I promise Thee, O Jesus. But my weakness is great, I cannot alone resist temptations. If Thou do not sustain me, I will offend Thee again. Give me Thy grace, O my God, convert me and save me.

May they rest in peace. 

[Image: sc04b.jpg?format=1500w]

IV STATION:  JESUS CHRIST MEETS HIS HOLY MOTHER

Jesus Christ.  My child, My heart is heartbroken with pain. My Mother, My good Mother is there ... the executioners overwhelm Me with insults and drag Me inhumanly: She sees it, and her affliction is immense. She would like to deliver Me; but She loves you, She knows that I must suffer and die to redeem you; She will therefore follow Me on Calvary.

The faithful.  O Jesus, O Mary, forgive me! Thy sadness gives me pity!  Do not allow Me to part from Thee. Let the wicked mock me and persecute me to excite me to sin: I will serve Thee and love Thee until my last sigh, and I will know how to suffer everything to remain faithful to Thee.

May they rest in peace. 

[Image: 602516683c0b5c66bbd2f755753571e6.jpg]

V STATION:  SIMON THE CYRENEAN STATION HELPS JESUS CHRIST TO WEAR HIS CROSS

Jesus Christ.  My child, it is I who created the world; I am the powerful and strong God. I could alone carry My cross to Calvary.  But I allow a man to help Me teach you to suffer with Me.

The faithful.  O Jesus, I bless Thee! to suffer for Thee will be all my joy! Annoyances, sickness, work, obedience, I want to love everything to please Thee, O my God. Give me, I beg Thee, a thirst every day, for greater mortifications and sufferings.

May they rest in peace.

[Image: 8b1184f4f0c3e89f5fe9a85cb943f902.jpg]

VI  STATION: STATION A PIOUS WOMAN WIPES THE FACE OF JESUS CHRIST

Jesus Christ.  My child, do you see this woman crossing the crowd of soldiers? She does not fear anything because she loves Me. She saw Me covered with spittle, dust, sweat, and blood, immediately approached to wipe My face and comfort Me. My child do you want to imitate her?

The faithful.  Yes, O Jesus, I want it. My God!  Who would recognize Thee? Thee, the infinite beauty, Thee whom the angels contemplate with indescribable joy, Thou have the face bruised and defiled, Thou have become like a leper, an earth worm! And it is my sins that have thus disfigured Thee! What shall I do, O my God? I will entreat Thee to forgive me all my offenses, to give me a real contrition, to set my heart in love with Thy holy love: by my examples and advice I will excite my neighbor to serve Thee with fidelity, I will pray for the conversion of sinners. My Jesus, that all men know, adore, love, and console Thee for the outrages Thou have endured to redeem us.

May they rest in peace.

[Image: Jesus-Falls-The-Second-Time.jpg]

VII  STATION: JESUS CHRIST FALLS THE SECOND TIME

Jesus Christ. My child, I fell a second time; My crown of thorns has sunk in My head and the soldiers are insulting Me and still striking Me. I suffer, because I love you infinitely.

If you have often offended Me, come ask Me for forgiveness.  I suffer to erase your sins.
If you have sorrows, do not be discouraged; we must suffer to merit heaven.

The faithful. O Jesus, my faults are many, but I have a real regret. Thou art all merciful and kindness itself. I firmly hope Thou forgive me. Give me the grace to die rather than to offend Thee now.

May they rest in peace.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Stations of the Cross by St. John Mary Vianney - by Hildegard of Bingen - 02-14-2021, 03:19 PM