Our Lady of Good Success Quito Ecuador
OUR LADY OF GOOD SUCCESS
adapted from Chiesa Viva, No. 413, February 2009

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse3.explicit.bing.net%...ipo=images]

It was the year 1563. In the Basque province of Viscaya, near to the border with France, into an aristocratic family of Spain, Mariana Francisca de Jesus Torres y Berriochoa was born as the first daughter of Diego Torres and Maria Berriochoa, both devout Catholics. Mariana was endowed “with rare beauty, quick intelligence, a sweet nature and, above all, a strong inclination toward virtue”. From infancy, Mariana rejected all the childish games of youth to secretly retire to the church of her baptism, which was close to her home. Her mother would often find her prostrate there before the Tabernacle. At the age of seven, a fire broke out in the church destroying it and damaging her house and paternal property, precipitating the family into poverty. The parents of the young girl found themselves obliged to leave Viscaya and to relocate themselves and their three children to Santiago of Galicia, in the northwestern part of Spain.

One day, prostrate at the foot of the Tabernacle, with her heart inflamed with burning desire to unite herself to Jesus in Holy Communion, Mariana exclaimed aloud: «Oh, my Love! When will that day arrive when I might unite myself to You in Holy Communion?». Instantly, she heard a voice coming from the Tabernacle: «Whatever day you desire, My daughter, for your heart is even now prepared!». Unveiling the secret of this dialogue to a Franciscan priest, with his instruction, she began to prepare for this great day. On December 8, 1572, at the age of nine, Mariana received her First Holy Communion. Upon her first embrace with Jesus the torrent of divine love in her heart overwhelmed her and she fell into ecstasy. She saw our Immaculate Mother who explained to her the grandeur of the vow of virginity. She taught her the meaning of such a vow and instructed Mariana to make it, for her Heavenly Queen had destined her to be a religious of her Immaculate Conception.

Then, she saw in the Tabernacle the Three Persons of the Most Holy Trinity and St. Joseph. She pronounced the solemn vow of chastity, repeating the words taught to her by Our Lady. When she was finished, the Eternal Father blessed the union of Mariana and His Holy Son, who asked her to walk the road of sacrifice and love.
The leading families of Quito, along with many inhabitants of the city, met a group of friars to petition the King of Spain to found the first Convent of the Immaculate Conception of the New World, in their colony. The King, Philip II, in 1566, issued the Royal Edict for the foundation of the Convent of the Immaculate Conception of Quito, dedicated to praying the Divine Office and devoted to the religious education and formation of the Spanish daughters and criollas of the Spanish colony. The King himself sent from Spain the first group of founding mothers and he placed at their head the Rev. Mother Maria de Jesus Taboada, related to the royal family and aunt of Mariana.

As soon as Mariana heard of the foundation of this new Convent, she understood Jesus’ words when He was inviting her to leave her paternal home to join Him. The founding Mother Maria decided to take Mariana with her and, a few days before taking leave, upon receiving Holy Communion, she had a vision of Jesus Who explained to her: «My Spouse, the time has already arrived for you to bid an eternal farewell to your motherland and to your paternal home. Eagerly coveting your beauty, I will bring you to My house, where, behind strong walls, you will live far from flesh and blood, hidden and forgotten by all human creatures. For your inheritance and patrimony, you will have, in imitation of Me, the cross and great sufferings. Strength and courage will not be lacking to you. I desire only that your will be always prepared to do Mine».

In 1576, no sooner did Mother Maria, the other four founding mothers and Mariana embarked for Ecuador, when a tempest of unimaginable fury came over the ocean. The clear sky of day suddenly darkened, being transformed into a most disastrous night. The ship began to sink and the frightened sailors, rendering their efforts futile, cried out that this terrible tempest would bury them all in the ocean’s bottomless tomb. Thinking to be cause of such disaster, Mariana joined her aunt to pray to God for His mercy. Then both Mother Maria and Mariana beheld a vision. From out of the ocean, a monstrous serpent with seven heads arose, stirring up the waters of the sea, and attempting to destroy and sink their ship. Mariana fainted. However Mother Maria continued her entreaties to Heaven and upon completion of her prayer, suddenly, the light of the day made a breach in the darkness and the tempest calmed down. God had answer her prayer.

When Mariana woke up, she told her aunt that she has seen a serpent larger than the sea and then a Lady of incomparable beauty appeared “clothed in the sun, crowned with stars, carrying a beautiful Child in her arms” and over her heart a monstrance of the Blessed Sacrament. In her hand she carried a large cross of gold, which had a sharp lance at its end. The Lady, with the help of the Blessed Sacrament and the hand of the Child, struck the head of the serpent with the end of this cross so forcefully that the serpent was slashed to pieces. Two years later, Mother Maria ordered to strike a cloth medallion showing the scene of Mariana’s vision, and since that time the Conceptionists wear it on the breast of their habit.

The founding Sisters arrived in Quito on December 30, 1576. On January 13, 1577, the Convent was founded. The spiritual and temporal government of the religious was placed in the hands of Rev. Father Antonio Jurado O.F.M. who received the vows of obedience of the Founding Mothers. All the inhabitants of Quito joined in this solemn celebration of the first Convent of the Immaculate Conception in their Colony.

On completing her 15th year, September 8, 1577, Mariana entered the novitiate, beginning the year of probation under the guidance of her aunt and the Friars Minor. On October 4, 1579, after observing two years of religious life, practicing all virtues and strictly following the Rule, Mariana made her religious profession at the hands of her Abbess, Mother Maria. As she finished pronouncing her vows, she fainted in ecstasy. Thus, at the same time, Mother Maria accepted her profession, Mariana heard the Eternal Father repeating the words of her aunt: «If you are faithful in this, I promise you eternal life». She then saw Our Lord Who, with ineffable majesty and sweetness, then espoused Himself to her, placing on the finger of her right hand a beautiful ring with four precious stones. On each stone was written one of the four vows: poverty, obedience, chastity and cloister. Our Lord addressed her, saying: «My Spouse, I desire for you a life of immolation. Your life will be a continuous martyrdom».

Apparition of the Most Holy Trinity

It was the year 1582. One day, after a particularly bitter incident with one of her Sisters, Mother Mariana went to the feet of Jesus Christ communicating to Him her torment and begging Him for fortitude. While she was talking to Jesus, at a moment, she heard an overwhelming sound, and saw that the whole Church had become immersed in darkness, as from dust and smoke. Looking up, Sister Mariana saw the main altar illuminated by full day. The Tabernacle opened and Christ Himself emerged, suffering, as on Golgotha in His agony with the Blessed Virgin, St. John and Mary Magdalene at His feet. Seeing this, the humble virgin, believing herself to be at fault, prostrated herself on the ground with her arms extended in the form of a cross, exclaiming: «Lord, I am the guilty one. Punish me and pardon your people». Her Guardian Angel made her rise, saying: «No! You are not to blame. Arise and approach, for God desires to reveal to you a great secret». She arose, and seeing the tears of the Most Holy Virgin, she addressed her, saying: «My Lady, am I to blame for thy sadness?». «No, it is not you, but the criminal world!».

Then, as Our Lord agonised, she heard the voice of the Eternal Father saying: «This punishment will be for the 20th century»! Then, she saw three swords over the head of Christ. On each was written: “I shall punish heresy”, “I shall punish impiety”, “I shall punish impurity”, and she was given to understand all that would take place in the 20th century. The Holy Virgin continued: «My daughter, will you sacrifice yourself for the people of this time?». «I am willing» Mariana replied. Immediately, the swords moved away from the agonising Christ and buried themselves in the heart of Sister Mariana, causing her a mystical death from the violence of the pain. She appeared before God’s justice. Our Lord presented her with two crowns: one of immortal glory of indescribable beauty; the other of white lilies surrounded by thorns, and He said: «My Spouse, choose one of these crowns». She had to choose between the glory of Paradise and the glory of her return to earth, for suffering as a sacrificial victim to placate the Divine Justice for the heresies, impieties and impurities that would be committed in the 20th century. Reassured by the Virgin Mary’s words and her promise of help in this terrible test, Sister Mariana replied: «My Lady and Mother, may the Divine Will be accomplished in me». After these words, Mariana chose, with humility and resignation, the crown of lilies surrounded with thorns and returned to the world to suffer.
"So let us be confident, let us not be unprepared, let us not be outflanked, let us be wise, vigilant, fighting against those who are trying to tear the faith out of our souls and morality out of our hearts, so that we may remain Catholics, remain united to the Blessed Virgin Mary, remain united to the Roman Catholic Church, remain faithful children of the Church."- Abp. Lefebvre
Continued:

First  Apparition of Our Lady

On September 17, 1588, Sister Mariana was saying her customary prayers at midnight, when suddenly her body shuddered so violently that she could not help but cry out. Taken to bed, her body was examined and it was discovered that on each palm of her hands was something similar to a hole into which something had been driven. The same was present on the soles of her feet in the very place where the spikes had been driven into the feet of Our Lord. Upon her heart was a purple bruise and red mark, as if it had been wounded by a sword.

The next morning, the doctor examined her carefully and said she was completely debilitated: the marrow of her bones dried up, her body paralyzed. The only movement he could find was the beating of her heart. This infirmity lasted for one year and, in the first months, to the physical suffering were added the spiritual ones. One day, on her bed of pain, she suddenly heard a dreadful clamor in the cell. She opened her eyes and saw a hideous serpent writhing and twisting in her cell, crawling frantically on the walls, as if pursued by someone trying to drive him away. Her pain increased and her spirit was overwhelmed with despair. All the heroic acts of her life seemed criminal to her. Her good works appeared as works of perdition, her very vocation an illusion and sham by which she had delivered herself to eternal damnation.

In this woeful interior state, when it seemed to her that her soul would detach itself from her body from the violence of her suffering and sink like lead into Hell, she mustered all her strength, crying out: «Star of the stormy sea, Mary Most Immaculate, the weak vessel of my soul is sinking. The waters of tribulation are drowning me. Save me, for I am perishing!». Before she had pronounced the last word, she saw a celestial light around her and felt a loving hand touching her head. At the same time, she heard a sweet voice that said: «Why do you fear, My daughter? Do you know that I am with you in your tribulation? Rise up and look at Me!». The humble religious raised herself up in her bed and saw a Lady of great majesty and grandeur who breathed sweetness and love. She asked: «Who are you, beautiful Lady?». «I am the Mother of Heaven whom you invoked. I have come to dissipate the darkness of the night of your soul. (...) for your Lord and God has destined for you great and auspicious things during your lifetime (…). Now, I will impart life to your nerves, veins and arteries, and I will dispel the infernal serpent».

As she finished speaking, the enormous serpent emitted a horrible scream of despair and hurled himself into Hell with such a great roar that it caused the earth to tremble throughout the Convent and the city of Quito. Mariana still remained in her bed suffering acute pains, and her health continued to worsen until September 1589. The second Wednesday of the month, at 9 o’clock in the morning, her agony began. The Holy Mass was celebrated in her presence and she received Extreme Unction. Her agony continued up to Friday. At 3:30 o’clock of the afternoon, Sister Mariana breathed her last breath. Her funeral were set for the next Monday. The next morning, the Sisters of the Convent directed their steps to the choir to pray the Little Office. When they arrived, they saw Sister Mariana praying there.

In 1592, Mother Maria, the Abbess of the Convent for 15 years, fell severely sick and Sister Mariana was elected to take her place. But after the death of the Founding Mother (1593), a group of rebel Sisters was formed. The plots of these Sisters aimed at separating the Convent from the Friars Minor giving the jurisdiction to the Bishop of Quito. The resulting deterioration of the conventual life spread terrible suffering and the slanders and false accusations reached the point of trials in behalf of the presumed guilty Sisters.
"So let us be confident, let us not be unprepared, let us not be outflanked, let us be wise, vigilant, fighting against those who are trying to tear the faith out of our souls and morality out of our hearts, so that we may remain Catholics, remain united to the Blessed Virgin Mary, remain united to the Roman Catholic Church, remain faithful children of the Church."- Abp. Lefebvre
Continued:

Second Apparition of Our Lady

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse2.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3...%3DApi&f=1]

On the morning of February 2, 1594, with a heart filled with bitterness and pain, Mother Mariana was praying prostrate to the ground in the upper choir of her Convent. She was beseeching Our Lord, through the intercession of His Blessed Mother, to stop these trials through which her beloved Convent was passing and for an end to the many sins being committed in the world. During this long penitential act, she perceived the presence of someone before her. Her heart was perturbed, but a sweet voice called her name. She rose rapidly and saw before her a most beautiful Lady, who carried the Child Jesus in her left arm and, in her right, a polished gold crosier adorned with precious stones of unearthly beauty.

With her heart filled with joy and happiness, she said: «Beautiful Lady, who art thou and what dost thou want? Dost thou not know that I am but a poor sister, filled with love for God, most surely, but also overflowing with pain and sorrow?». The Lady answered:
Quote:«I am Mary of Good Success, the Queen of Heaven and Earth. It is because you are a religious soul filled with love of God and His Mother that I am speaking to you now. I have come from the Heaven to console your afflicted heart. Your prayers, tears and penances are most pleasing to our celestial Father. The Holy Ghost Who consoles your spirit and sustains you in your tribulations formed, from three drops of the Blood of my Heart the most beautiful Child of mankind.

For nine months, I, Virgin and Mother, carried Him in my most pure womb. In the stable in Bethlehem, I gave birth to Him and lay Him to rest on the cold straw. As His Mother, I carry Him here, in my left arm, so that together we might restrain the hand of Divine Justice, which is always so ready to chastise this unfortunate and criminal world. In my right arm, I carry the crosier that you see, for I desire to govern this Convent as Abbess and Mother. Soon the Franciscan friars will no longer govern this Convent, which is why my patronage and protection are more necessary than ever, for this difficult trial will last for centuries.

With this separation, Satan will begin to try to destroy this work of God, making use of my ungrateful daughters. But he will not succeed, because I am the Queen of Victories and the Mother of Good Success, and it is under this invocation I desire to be known throughout time for the preservation of my Convent and its inhabitants. (…).Now, I desire to give you strength and encouragement. Do not allow suffering to discourage you. For you will live a long time on this earth for the glory of God and His Mother, who speaks to you now. My Most Holy Son desires to give you every type of suffering. And to infuse you with the valor that you will need, I take Him from my arms. Receive Him in your own. Hold Him to your weak and imperfect heart!».

The Most Holy Virgin placed the Divine Child in the arms of the happy religious, who embraced Him next to her heart and caressed Him fondly. As she did so, she felt within herself a strong desire to suffer.

The spirit of rebellion and of nonobservance of the Rule, turned against Mother Mariana. In 1595, the rebel Sisters opposed her reelection to Abbess, electing instead Mother Magdalene. Furthermore, aggravating their relationship with the Friars Minors, in 1598, they achieved the separation of the Convent from them and obtained the jurisdiction of the Bishop of Quito. The long period of time, ranging from 1599 to 1610, was the most dramatic and turbulent period for the Convent. Mother Mariana and the Founding Mother were slandered, humiliated, persecuted, tried and several times sent to prison.
Continued:

Third Apparition of Our Lady

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2F2.bp.blogspot.com%2F-nw...f=1&nofb=1]

It was in the prison of the Convent that Our Lady chose to appear again. It happened January 16, 1599. In a brilliant light, Mother Mariana saw appearing a most beautiful Lady who said:
Quote:«I am Mary of Good Success, an invocation well known in Spain and one to whom you have often resorted. (…). The tribulation that my Most Holy Son has given you is a celestial gift to embellish your soul and to hold back the divine ire, so ready to unleash a terrible chastisement upon this ungrateful Colony. How many hidden crimes are committed in it! (…). In a short time, the Country in which you live will cease to be a Colony and will become a free Republic1. Then, known by the name of Ecuador, it will need heroic souls to sustain it in face of so many public and private calamities. Here, in this Convent, God will always find these souls, like hidden violets. Accursed would be Quito without this Convent! The most powerful king on earth with all his riches could not erect new buildings on this site, for this place belongs to God. In the 19th century, a truly Christian president (Garcia Moreno - ndr) will come; a man of character whom God Our Lord will give the palm of martyrdom on the square adjoining this Convent2 of mine. He will consecrate the Republic of Ecuador to the Sacred Heart of my Most Holy Son and this consecration will sustain the Catholic Religion in the years that will follow, which will be ill-fated ones for the Church.

These years, during which the accursed sect of Masonry will take control of the civil government, will see a cruel persecution of all religious communities, and will also strike out violently against this one of mine. These unfortunate men will think the Convent destroyed, but God lives and I live, and we will raise up powerful defenders and set before these enemies difficulties impossible to conquer, and the triumph will be ours. (...).

Thus it is the wish of my Most Holy Son that you command a statue of me to be made, just as you see me now, and that you place it upon the Abbess’ chair so that I may govern my Convent. In my right hand, place the crosier and the keys to the cloister as a sign of my proprietorship and authority. In my left arm, place my Divine Child: first, so that the men understand how powerful I am in placating the Divine Justice and obtaining mercy and pardon for every sinner who comes to me with a contrite heart, for I am the Mother of Mercy and in me there is only goodness and love; and second, so that throughout time my daughters will understand that I am showing and giving them my most Holy Son and their God as a model of religious perfection. They should come to me, for I will lead them to Him».

To Mother Mariana’s doubts that even the most skilled sculptor could not make such a statue, Our Lady responded: «My daughter, I agree to what you said. My servant Francis with his own wounded hands will carve my statue and the angelic spirits will assist him. He himself will place me on his cord, the symbol of all his sons and daughters who belong so closely to me. As for the height of my form, you yourself will measure me with the seraphic cord that you wear around your waist: bring your cord to me and place one end of it in my hand. Then you should touch the other end of it to my foot (...). Here, my daughter, you have the measurement of the height of your Heavenly Mother. Tell this to my servant, Francisco del Castillo, and describe to him my features and bearing. He will do the exterior work on my statue...».

In this period, Mother Mariana had been jailed again with the Founding Mothers, but the same year, the Bishop of Quito, after an inquiry about the facts happened in the Convent, having realised his mistakes, wrote a note to Mother Mariana in which he stated: «... I order Your Reverence to be now and forever the one who governs and rule the Convent, above even the governing Abbess, who should consult you in everything and seek your counsel in all she does, obeying you as Mother and Founder...». The charity of Mother Mariana toward the rebel Sisters and particularly for their leader, moved her to ask Our Lord to receive the needed punishments to save her soul. So, in 1601, the rebel Sister fell severely ill and was cured with care by Mother Mariana, who started a five year period of expiation suffering for the rebel soul she wanted to save. At the conclusion of this period, the rebel Sister died and, straight after, Mother Mariana was elected Abbess for the third time (1606-1609), and again for the fourth time (1609-1612).

1. In fact, Ecuador was declared a Republic on August 19, 1809. The following years witnessed a terrible massacre of the nobility, even women and children being put to the sword. Independence was definitively secured May 22, 1820, after the battle of Pichincha. Since that time, Ecuador has been torn by internal dissentions.

2. The Catholic Gabriel Garcia Moreno had been president of Ecuador in the periods 1861-1865 and 1869-1875. He transformed his Country, freeing it from continuous revolutions and from its public debt, and reorganizing civil and religious affairs favoring the Catholic Church. In 1873, Garcia Moreno made a public consecration of Ecuador to the Sacred Heart of Jesus. This act infuriated the Freemasons, and the German Grand Lodge gave an order for his death. As Our Lady forwarned, on August 6, 1875, on his way out of the Cathedral, he was struck down and killed by assassins, in the square of Quito adjoining the Convent.
Continued:

Fourth Apparition of Our Lady

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse3.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3...%3DApi&f=1]

On January 21, 1610, Mother Mariana was praying when, suddenly, the choir was inundated with celestial splendour. Amid this refulgent brilliance, she saw the arrival of three Archangels, St. Gabriel, St. Michael and St. Raphael who had preceded the Apparition of Our Lady to illuminate the Intelligence, to strengthen the weak heart and cure the blindness of Mother Mariana.

After the celestial messengers departed, Mother Mariana remained prostrated to ground until 2 o'clock in the morning, when the Celestial Queen, carrying in Her arms the Divine Child, appeared and addressed her with these words: «Arise from the ground upon which you lay, favored daughter of my maternal Heart and beloved spouse of my Divine Child. Your humility has attracted my heart, just as the pride that reigns in this poor Colony separates it from Me. But because I have faithful and loving daughters in this Convent, and among them, you my chosen one, I come as always to confide to you my secrets».

After talking to her about the religious unfaithful, who would live in the Convent throughout the course of the centuries, of their inveterate lukewarmness and deafness to any grace, inspiration, charitable counsel and warning of the chastisements to which they would incur, Our Lady told her:

Quote:«Thus, I make it known to you that from the end of the 19th century and from shortly after the middle of the 20th century, in what is today the Colony and will then be the Republic of Ecuador, the passions will erupt and there will be a total corruption of customs, for Satan will reign almost completely by means of the Masonic Sects.

They will focus principally on the children in order to sustain this general corruption. Woe to the children of these times! It will be difficult to receive the Sacrament of Baptism and also the Sacrament of Confirmation. They will receive the Sacrament of Confession only if they remain in Catholic schools, for the Devil will make a great effort to destroy it through persons in position of authority. The same thing will happen with the Sacrament of Holy Communion.

Alas! How deeply I grieve to manifest to you the many enormous sacrileges - both public as well as secret - that will occur from profanation of the Holy Eucharist. Often, during this epoch the enemies of Jesus Christ, instigated by the Devil, will steal consecrated Hosts from the churches so that they might profane the Eucharistic Species. My Most Holy Son will see Himself cast upon the ground and trampled upon by filthy feet. (…). But in those times you will already be known, as well as the favors that I am bestowing on you.

How I love the fortunate inhabitants of this sacred place! And that knowledge will stimulate love and devotion to my Sacred Statue. For this reason, today, I authoritatively order you to have this Statue made: let it be sculptured just as you see Me and placed upon the Abbess's chair, so that from there I may govern and direct my daughters and defend my Convent; for Satan, making use of both the good and the evil, will engage in a fierce battle to destroy it.

(…). Since this poor Country will lack the Catholic spirit, the Sacrament of Extreme Unction will be little valued. Many people will die without receiving it - either because of the negligence of their families or misconceived affection for their sick ones. Others, incited by the cursed Devil, will rebel against the spirit of the Catholic Church and will deprive countless souls of innumerable graces, consolations, and the strength they need to make the great leap from time to eternity. But some persons will die without receiving it due to just and secret chastisements of God.

As for the Sacrament of Matrimony, which symbolises the union of Christ with His Church, it will be attacked and deeply profaned. Freemasonry, which will then be in power, will enact iniquitous laws with the aim of doing away with this Sacrament, making it easy for everyone to live in sin and encouraging the procreation of illegitimate children born without the blessing of the Church. The Catholic spirit will rapidly decay; the precious light of Faith will gradually be extinguished until there will be an almost total and general corruption of customs. Added to this will be the effects of secular education, which will be one reason for the death of priestly and religious vocations.

The Sacrament of Holy Orders will be ridiculed, oppressed, and despised, for in this Sacrament, the Church of God and even God Himself is scorned and despised since He is represented in His priests. The Devil will try to persecute the ministers of the Lord in every possible way; he will labor with cruel and subtle astuteness to deviate them from the spirit of their vocation and will corrupt many of them. These depraved priests, who will scandalise the Christian people, will make the hatred of bad Catholics and the enemies of the Roman Catholic and Apostolic Church fall upon all priests.

This apparent triumph of Satan will bring enormous suffering to the good Pastors of the Church, the many good priests, and the Supreme Pastor and Vicar of Christ on earth, who, a prisoner in the Vatican, will shed secret and bitter tears in the presence of his God and Lord, beseeching light, sanctity and perfection for all the clergy of the world, of whom he is King and Father. Further, in these unhappy times, there will be unbridled luxury which will ensnare the rest into sin and conquer innumerable frivolous souls who will be lost. Innocence will almost no longer be found in children, nor modesty in women.

In this supreme moment of need of the Church, the one who should speak will fall silent! You will see this from Heaven, my beloved daughter, where you can no long suffer, but your daughters and successors will suffer, those beloved souls already known to you who will placate the Divine Ire. They will have recourse to Me under the invocation of Our Lady of Good Success, whose Statue I ask and command that you have made for the consolation and preservation of my Convent and of the faithful souls of that time, an epoch when there will be a great devotion to Me, for I am Queen of Heaven under many invocations.

This devotion will be the shield between Divine Justice and the prevaricating world to prevent the release of God’s formidable punishment that this guilty earth deserves. This very day, when morning breaks, you should go to the Bishop and tell him that I have asked and commanded you to have my image sculpted and be placed at the head of my Convent so that under this title, I might take possession of that which belongs to me. As proof that what you say is true, tell him that he will die within two years and two months and that he should begin to prepare himself for the day of eternity, for this death will be violent.

He should consecrate my Statue with holy oil and give it the name of “Mary of Good Success and of Purification, or Candlemas”. On this solemn occasion, he himself should place the Keys of the cloister, together with the Crosier, in the right hand of my Statue, as proof that the government of the spouses of my Most Holy Son has been entrusted to Me and that they should surrender all their concerns to my maternal and loving protection.

Then, at that moment, I will take complete possession of this, my house, and I will be obliged to keep it safe and free from all turmoil until the end of the time, demanding from my daughters a continuous spirit of charity and sacrifice. With this, along with humility, obedience, patience, silent recollection, and continual prayer, this house and community will be sustained. (...). All their needs and requests will be heeded with the daily practice of these virtues. This applies to each one of my daughters who will live in these blessed cloisters until the end of time. (...). Now, be docile to my exhortations, and command without delay that my Statue be sculpted, just as you see Me, and hasten to set in the place I indicated. (...). I will see to the perfection of this work. The Archangels Gabriel, Michael and Raphael will take charge secretly of making my Statue. You should call Francisco del Castillo, who knows this art well, and give him a succinct description of My features, exactly as you see Me, today and always, because it was for this end that I have appeared so many time to you».

Mother Mariana, with the help of the Virgin Mary, measured again, with her cord, the height of the Our Lady of Good Success.
Continued:

Fifth Apparition of Our Lady

[Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.michaeljournal.org%2...f=1&nofb=1]

On February 2, 1610, at 1:30 o’clock, Mother Mariana was praying near the grille in the upper choir, meditating on the humility of Mary the Most Holy in the sublime mystery of the Purification. When she resolved to conclude her prayer and retire, suddenly she felt herself overcome by a joy intermixed with fear, and immediately saw herself in the presence of Our Lady of Good Success, who was looking at her with amiable severity without saying a single word.

To the worries of Mother Mariana, Our Lady said:
Quote: «Hard-hearted and long-delaying creature (...). With the making of my Statue, I will favour not only you and my Convent, but also the people – and the general public – through the centuries. Since this Convent is a fortress, it will bring salvation for many souls, drawing them from the abyss of sin in which they find themselves. God will be glorified in those souls. How many conversions it will bring about! Do you want to be responsible for the loss of so many souls by remaining deaf to my voice and command?».

«Beautiful Lady - responded Mother Mariana - your reprimand is most just and I receive it humbly before God. (...) but permit me to tell you my fears and request a grace, which, as a Mother, you will not be able to deny me. The fear that I present is this: since the people of this land are so inclined to idolatry, this might prove an occasion for them to deliver themselves to this practice. The grace that I ask is that you will hide my name so that only you, as the Sovereign and Queen that you are, might be glorified and I always hidden. Also, I ask that you give me your measurement once again, so that I can be certain at least of your height, since it would be impossible to represent your features, even if your holy stature were carved by the angelic spirits».

The Queen of Heaven responded:

Quote:«Beloved daughter of my heart, your humility pleases me. (...). Go as soon as possible to speak with the Bishop and tell him, on my part, what I ordered and told you at our last meeting. Make haste in commanding my Statue to be sculpted, for time is flying and only two years of life remain for the presently governing Bishop, who has been chosen to consecrate my Statue with holy oil and place it in the spot I have designated. Tell him, moreover, that in his final agony, we – I and you – will be there at his side to assist him in that final transit.

If he asks how you will come to find yourself there, tell him that nothing is impossible with God and His Most Holy Mother, for they are the absolute masters of all creatures. As for your request that your name be hidden, this pleases me, and I will do as you have asked. Tell the Bishop that it is my will and the will of my Most Holy Son that your name be hidden at all costs, both within as well as outside the cloister, for it is not fitting for anyone at the present time to know the details or origin of how this Statue came to be made. For this knowledge will only become known to the general public in the 20th century.

During that epoch the Church will find herself attacked by terrible hordes of the Masonic sect, and this poor Ecuadorian land will be agonizing because of the corruption of customs, unbridled luxury, the impious press, and secular education. The vices of impurity, blasphemy, and sacrilege will dominate in this time of depraved desolation, and that one who should speak out will be silent.

Know, beloved daughter, that when your name will become known in the 20th century, there will be many who will not believe, claiming that this devotion is not pleasing to God. But the great sufferings of my daughters – and yours – of this time will make a melodious concert of humility and hidden penance for my Most Holy Son and myself. The Divine Spouse and I, His loving Mother, and you also will watch over our daughters from Heaven and guide them on the correct path that leads to Paradise.

What will cause these favoured daughters the greatest pain will be the doubt of their own sisters, who will increase their sufferings, but also their merit. A simple, humble faith in the truth of my apparitions to you, my favoured child, will be reserved for humble and fervent should who are docile to the inspirations of grace, for our Heavenly Father communicates His secrets to the simple of heart, and not to those whose hearts are inflated with pride, pretending to know what they do not or infatuated with empty science. Do not worry about the features of my Statue, for it will be completed as I desire for the elevated ends for which this statue is destined. Now, hand me the end of the cord that you wear around your waist, the symbol of the purity of the spouse of the Divine Jesus, so that I might hold it to my forehead. Touch the other end to my right foot, and you will have the measurement of my height marked by the length of this cord».

Instantly, the humble religious, filled with confidence in and loving gratitude to the Blessed Virgin, took the cord that she wore around her waist and offered one of its ends to her Blessed Mother, while she touched the other end to the foot of Our Lady. The cord stretched as if it were elastic until it reached the height of the Queen of Heaven and Earth. When she raised her eyes to contemplate the forehead of Her Mother, she saw the Divine Child was standing and holding the end of the cord that touched the forehead of His Blessed Mother. (...). Then, extending His small, gracious hand, He handed the cord to Mother Mariana, saying: «My beloved spouse, here you have the measurement of the height of My Most Holy Mother that you desired. Conserve it reverently, for I desire that the many spouses I will have here throughout the centuries should measure themselves by it. The Measurement has already been given. And do you know how I desire that they be measured? I shall measure their humility, their silence, their charity, their patience, and their love for Me and My Blessed Mother, in Whom all should see themselves mirrored. And as Christians and, even more, as religious, I desire that they have My spirit in every act of their lives. My spirit is one of patience, meekness, abnegation, and total abandonment to the Divine will. Let them serve Me with diligence and disinterest, abandoning even their eternal happiness to the loving will of My Divine Heart (...)».

The following day, Mother Mariana started moving immediately to have the Statue of Our Lady of Good Success realized. She spoke with her spiritual director, Friar Juan of the Mother of God, and then with the Bishop of Quito who committed himself to have the Keys of the Convent made up, while the Crown was offered by the Chapter of the Cathedral. The sculptor Francisco del Castillo called to the Convent two days later, considered himself fortunate to make such work, and accepted the commitment. He left Quito immediately to find a special wood for the Statue. At the end of August, he came back to the Convent and started his work on September 15. As he sculpted the holy Statue, the sculptor seemed a man transformed, and he was often found working with tears streaming for his eyes. The Bishop visited the work from time to time and always He would leave quite moved. At the end of September, Mother Mariana called the Marquesa Maria de Yolanda, who took the assignment of having the gold Crosier made in Spain by her family. Known, then, of the measurement of the height of Our Lady of Good Success with the cord of the Abbess, the Marquesa asked the favor to see it. Received it in her hands, and just given it back, her left arm, inert since days as a consequence of a severe fall, was suddenly cured.

The Statue completed by the Angels

On January 16, the fervent religious arose in the early morning to pray the Little Office, as was the custom. As they drew near the choir, they heard distant refrains of melodious music. They hurried their steps to the upper choir, and there, wonder of wonders, they saw the whole choir enveloped in a celestial light and heard the resounding voices of Angels who, accompanied by celestial music, were intoning in sweet and enchanting harmony the Salve Sancta Parens.

The holy Statue had been finished by the Angels! From her face issued rays of intense light that diffused through the whole Choir and church. Little by little it became less brilliant so that the Sisters could draw near and contemplate more closely the miracle worked by God for His Convent and mankind with the angelic completion of the holy and venerable Statue. Haloed by this brilliant light, the physiognomy of the Statue was not severe, but majestic, serene, sweet, amiable, and attracting, as if she were inviting her daughters to approach their Heavenly Mother with confidence to give her a filial embrace of thanks-giving and welcome. The Divine Chid was a masterpiece. His countenance expressed love and tenderness for the spouses so beloved of His Heart and so dear to His Mother. (…). Overflowing with love of God and His blessed Mother, they recited the Little Office with redoubled fervour on that happy morning.

At the prearranged hour, Señor Francisco del Castillo after receiving Communion, arrived at the Convent to give the last coat to his great work. He brought with him the best and finest paint that he could find for that purpose. Mother Mariana and the Founding Mothers decided that they would have the sculptor enter the choir to verify what had taken place. Without telling him anything, they brought him into the cloister. Arriving at the choir, he looked at the Statue in astonishment and exclaimed with great emotion: «Mothers, what has happened? This magnificent Statue is not my work! I cannot express what my heart feels! This is an angelic work, for a work such as this could not be made on this earth by hands of mere clay. No sculptor, no matter how skilled he might be, could ever imitate such perfection and unique beauty». He fell to the feet of the holy Statue, his heart overflowing with sentiments of faith and piety while a flood of tears poured from his eyes. Then, rising, he asked for paper and ink so that he might draw up a written testimony swearing that this blessed Statue was not his work, but that of the Angels. In it, he testified that he had found the Statue different from the way he had left it in the upper Choir of that Convent, six days earlier.

The Bishop, informed of this miracle, went immediately to the Convent to personally see the marvel of the completion of the Statue and, after realizing this miraculous event, invited Mother Mariana to the confessional, to know from her what had really happened.

«Your Excellency – responded Mother Mariana – during the community prayer on the afternoon of the 15th. God Our Lord forewarned me that during the early morning hours of the 16th I would witness His mercy toward our Convent and mankind in general. He asked that I prepare myself to receive these graces with nocturnal penance and prayer. I did as I was ordered. At midnight, ending my prayer of the way of the Cross, I entered the choir.
As I made my customary prayer, I saw the choir and church become illuminated with celestial light. My spirit was lost in the immensity of God, and divine love expanded my small heart. Then, the Tabernacle opened, and I saw that in the Holy Host were the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost. I saw the sublime mystery of the Incarnation of the Divine Word in the most pure womb of the Blessed Virgin take place. Then, I understood the infinite love of the Three Divine persons for Mary Most Holy, Our Lady, Who was present there, so magnificent, beautiful and captivating. The nine choirs of Angels sang praises to Her and rendered Her homage as their Queen and Lady. The Blessed Trinity manifested Their full satisfaction for this beautiful and holy Creature free from the stain of Original Sin.

At a gesture from the Most Holy Trinity, the Archangels Michael, Gabriel and Raphael came before the throne of the Divine Majesty, prepared and ready to carry out some sublime mission. I did not understand what order they had received, but I saw that, after bowing in profound reverence, they approached the throne of the Queen of Heaven. St. Michael, saluting Her dutifully, said: “Mary Most Holy, Daughter of God the Father; St. Gabriel, said: “Mary Most Holy, Mother of God the Son”; Saint Raphael, said: “Mary Most Holy, Pure Spouse of the Holy Ghost”. Then, joined by the celestial hosts, they intoned together: “Mary Most Holy, Temple and Sacrarium of the Most Holy Trinity”.

In an instant, swifter than a flash of lightning, this august trio was in the choir where the Statue was being made so that they might finish and illuminate it with heavenly splendour. My seraphic Father also appeared. From his wounded hands issued celestial rays which, without blinding my eyes, penetrated my heart and transported it to the heavenly spheres. Accompanied by the three Archangels, St. Michael, St. Gabriel and St. Raphael, and followed by the celestial hosts, he approached the almostcompleted Statue of Señor Francisco del Castillo and, in an instant, they had transformed it. I was unable to see how this instantaneous transformation took place, but they left it most beautiful, just as Your Excellency saw it. Then, my seraphic Father took the white cord that he wore around his waist and, wrapping it around the waist of the holy Statue, he said with love and reverence: “My Lady, I entrust to your maternal love my sons and daughters of the three Orders I founded, that continue on their earthly pilgrimage. I deliver to you today and for all times this Convent established under my custody. Difficult times of barrenness and spiritual hunger will come over it, with my sons withdrawing themselves from it for a long period of time. In their absence, I beg You to be the seraphic life for my daughters who will live in these cloisters during that unfortunate time. There will be illegitimate daughters, it is true, but they will be happy only in appearance, for in their depth they will lack virtue. They will become sharp tools to chisel and polish my true daughters. For the latter, I give my blessing and ask your support. But for the others, final justice!”. My seraphic Father then placed the cord on the sacred Statue and departed.

Meanwhile, the Statue was completely illuminated as if it were engulfed by the sun itself. The Holy Trinity looked at it with pleasure and the Angels sang the Salve Sancta Parens. Amid this great happiness, the Queen of the Angels approached the Statue and entered into it, just as the rays of sun penetrate beautiful crystal. At that moment, the holy Statue took on life and sang the Magnificat with a celestial voice. This took place at 3 o’clock in the morning».

Solemn Anointment of the Statue

In preparation for the anointment of the Statue, the Bishop ordered the Sisters to make a Novena, and blessed the miraculous Statue with the name of “Mary of Good Success of the Purification, or Candlemas. On February 2, 1611, in the church of the Convent, Fr. Juan of the Mother of God celebrated the Mass in presence of the Bishop, all the Conceptionist Sisters, the Chapter of the Cathedral, and a vast public of every social class that was overflowing the church. At the conclusion of the Mass, the Statue was carried down from the high altar and placed on the main altar, along with the Crown, the Crosier, the brooch, a precious dress and two strips of a long belt make of silk, along with a golden mantle of silk interwoven with threads of silver.

In addition to these treasures, there were also a beautiful necklace of fine pearls and three rings of gold, one with precious emerald, another with a diamond, and the third finely set with rubies in a form of a small royal crown. These fine pieces were placed on a small gold shell made for this purpose and engraved in letters adorned with precious emerals: “I am Mary Most Holy of Good Success, February 2, 1611”. The Solemn Anointment, then, began. After the sermons that followed, the Bishop began the solemn procession through the cloisters, preceded by a tall Cross. The participants held lighted candles in their hands. The procession ended at the choir, festively decorated, and the Statue was placed in its niche by the Friars. Intoned a solemn Salve Regina, followed by the Litany and by Salve Sancta Parens, with tears, the Bishop reverently and tenderly placed the Crown on the head of the holy Statue saying: «Señora, I deliver to Thee the Church». Then, he placed the Croiser in Her right hand, saying: «Señora, I deliver to Thee the government of this Convent and of my flock in general».

Finally, he placed the Keys in the same hand holding the Crosier, saying: «Señora and my Mother, I deliver to Thee my soul. Open the doors of Heaven to me, for the time remaining to me in this life is quite brief. Watch over this Tabernacle and these cloisters of your daughters with care and affection. Defend them always and conserve in them the religious spirit that should characterize the spouses of thy Most Holy Son».
Continued:
Vision of the Fury of the Devil

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.pinimg.com%2F736x%2F8...f=1&nofb=1]

On the Feast of Corpus Christi, Thursday 1623, Mother Mariana was praying at the foot of the Tabernacle when, suddenly, she fell into ecstasy. She saw, in a vision, that this Country would be favored with graces and mercy as a result of the public and solemn devotion that would be rendered to the Blessed Sacrament, in future centuries. She saw devout processions that would be made through the main streets of the city that would include religious men, women, children, youth, and persons from all the social classes. She saw the profound recollection of all, and the great respect and devotion of the diverse groups, with many of their members using instruments of penance on their bodies. She saw the faith and piety of the faithful and the complaisance of Our Lord Jesus Christ as He passed through the streets of the city in those fortunate times to come.

But, alas! She also saw how all this aroused the fury of the Devil who would strive to raze this solid edifice of Catholic piety founded upon the faith of the children of God. To achieve this evil intent, he would avail himself of the sons of this country who would lose the sentiment of faith, bequeathed to them by their parents and elders. These countrymen would work to oppress the Church in their assemblies and prevent this public devotion, for they would have already entered the party of Satan by becoming members of the Masonic Lodges.

She saw that this generation of men without faith would be formed by unworthy children of the Catholic Church who would impiously oppress her and put an end to the reverent processions that attract the blessing of God. This would be a time of sorrow and grief for all the faithful children of the Church, who, with their Prelates and pastors, would be few in number. Our Lord showed her how the hideous and pestiferous wild boar of Masonry would enter the beautiful, flourishing vineyard of the Church, leaving it destroyed and in complete ruins.

(…). Mother Mariana returned to herself in the arms of her Sisters, who were weeping, believing her to be dead, for it was now five o’clock in the afternoon and she had shown no sign of life since nine o’clock that morning. With a deathlike pallor, Mother Mariana made an attempt to speak, stand up and walk but despite her greatest efforts, she could not succeed (…). In this weakened state, she again lost her senses!

This time she saw the infidelity of the ministers of the altar to their holy vocation, and the unworthy way that some would approach the Holy Sacrifice. She considered the causes of this and her soul was overcome with a profound, unearthly sorrow.
Continued:

Sixth Apparition of Our Lady

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fs-media-cache-ak0.pinim...f=1&nofb=1]

At 3 o’clock in the morning of February 2, 1634, with her eyes fixed on the Tabernacle, Mother Mariana was praying Our Lord telling Him all the love she had for Him. After these prayers, she saw the sanctuary light, which burned before the Sacramental Jesus, go out, leaving the main sanctuary in complete darkness. Then, suddenly, she saw a celestial light illuminate the whole church. The Queen of Heaven appeared, lit the Tabernacle lamp, and approached her, presenting Herself as Mary of Good Success and explaining to her the meaning of the extinguishing of the sanctuary lamp with these words:

Quote:«The sanctuary light burning before the altar that you saw be extinguished has many meanings:

«The first reason for the lamp being extinguished is that at the end of the 19th century, and advancing into a large part of the 20th, various heresies will be propagated in this land, then a free Republic. As they come to dominate, the precious light of Faith will be extinguished in souls by the almost total corruption of customs. During this period, there will be great physical and moral catastrophes, both public and private. The small number of souls who, hidden, will conserve the treasure of the Faith and virtues will suffer an unspeakably cruel and prolonged martyrdom. Many of them will succumb to death from the violence of their suffering, and those who sacrifice themselves for their Church and Country will be counted as martyrs. In order to free men from bondage to these heresies, those whom the merciful love of My Most Holy Son will destine for that restoration will need great strength of will, constancy, valor and confidence in God. To test this faith and confidence of the just, there will be occasions in which everything will seem to be lost and paralyzed. This will be, then, the happy beginning of the complete restoration.

[Certainly Our Lady was referring to Modernism, which had a great influence at the end of the 19th century and at the beginning of the 20th century, and was defined by St. Pius X as “the synthesis of all heresies”. Progressivism, the heir of Modernism, has continued and amplified the heresies of Modernism everywhere in the Catholic Church, including Ecuador.]

«The second reason for the lamp being extinguished is that my Community, being greatly reduced in number, will be submerged in a fathomless ocean of indescribable bitterness, and will seem to be drowning in these diverse waters of tribulations. How many authentic vocations will perish because of the lack of discretion, discernment and prudence on the part of the Novice Mistresses in forming them! They should be souls of prayer and well-learned in the varied spiritual ways. Woe to those souls who will return to the Babylon of the world after having been in the secure port of this blessed Convent!

«During this unfortunate epoch, injustice will even enter here, my closed garden. Disguised under the name of false charity, it will wreak havoc in souls. The spiteful demon will try to sow discord, making use of putrid members, who, masked by the appearance of virtue, will be like decaying sepulchers emanating the pestilence of putrefaction, causing moral deaths in some and lukewarmness in others. They will thrust a two-edged sword into my faithful daughters, making them suffer a continuous and slow martyrdom. These faithful daughters will weep in secret and complain to their Lord and God, and their tears will be presented by their Guardian Angels to our Heavenly Father, asking that They shorten such dire times for love of the Divine Prisoner.

«The third reason for the lamp being extinguished is because of the spirit of impurity that will saturate the atmosphere in those times. Like a filthy ocean, it will inundate the streets, squares and public places with an astonishing liberty. There will be almost no virgin souls in the world. The delicate flower of virginity, timid and threatened by complete destruction, will shine in the distance. Taking refuge in cloisters, it will find good soil there that will take root, grow, and live, its fragrance being the delight of My Most Holy Son and the shield against Divine Ire. Without virginity, it would be necessary for fire from Heaven to fall upon these lands to purify them. In his malicious pride, the invidious and pestiferous Devil will try to intrude into even these closed gardens of the religious cloisters to make this beautiful and delicate flower wither. But I will confront him and crush his head under my feet. Alas, how sorrowful! There will be careless souls who will voluntarily deliver themselves into his claws. Others, returning to the world, will become instruments of the Devil for the loss of souls.

«The fourth reason for the lamp being extinguished is that the Masonic Sect, having infiltrated all the social classes, will be so subtle as to introduce itself into domestic ambiences in order to corrupt the children, and the Devil will glory in dining upon the exquisite delicacy of the hearts of children. During these unfortunate times, evil will assault childhood innocence. In this way, vocations to the priesthood will be lost, which will be a true calamity. It will fall to the religious groups to sustain the Church and to labor with valorous, disinterested zeal for the salvation of souls. For, during this period, the observance of the Rule will shine in communities and there will be holy ministers of the altar, hidden and beautiful souls, in whom my Most Holy Son and I will take our delight, finding them to be excellent flowers and fruits of heroic sanctity.

The impious ones will rage a cruel war against them, letting fall on them vituperations, calumnies and vexations in order to impede the fulfillment of their ministry. But they, like firm columns, will remain unswerving and will confront everything with that spirit of humility and sacrifice with which they will be vested, by virtue of the infinite merits of my Most Holy Son, Who loves them as the innermost fibers of His most holy and tender Heart. In this epoch, the Secular Clergy will be far removed from its ideal, because the Priests will be careless in their sacred duties. Lacking the divine compass, they will stray from the road traced by God for the priestly ministry and they will become attached to wealth and riches, which they will unduly strive to obtain.

How the Church will suffer on that occasion the dark night of the lack of a Prelate and Father to watch over them with paternal love, gentleness, strength, and prudence. Many priests will lose their spirit, placing their souls in great danger. Pray insistently without tiring and weep with bitter tears in the secrecy of your heart, imploring our Celestial Father that, for love of the Eucharistic Heart of my Most Holy Son and His Precious Blood shed with such generosity and by the profound bitterness and sufferings of His cruel Passion and Death, He might take pity on His Ministers and quickly bring to an end those ominous times, sending to this Church the Prelate that will restore the spirit of its Priests. My Most Holy Son and I will love this most favored son with a love of predilection, and we shall gift him with a rare capacity, a humility of heart, a docility to divine inspiration, the strength to defend the rights of the Church, and a tender and compassionate heart, so that, like another Christ, he will assist the great and the small, without despising the more unfortunate souls who ask him for light and counsel in their doubts and hardships.

With divine suavity, he will guide souls consecrated to the service of God in the cloisters, making light the yoke of the Lord, Who said, “My yoke is sweet, and my burden light”. Into his hand the scales of the Sanctuary will be placed so everything is weighed with due measure and God will be glorified. The lukewarmness of all the souls consecrated to God in the priestly and religious state will delay the coming of this Prelate and Father. This, then, will be the cause of the cursed Devil taking possession of this land, where he will achieve his victories by means of foreign and faithless people, so numerous that, like a black cloud, it will obscure the limpid heavens of the then-republic consecrated to the Most Sacred Heart of My Divine Son.

With these people, every type of vice will enter, which will attract, in their turn, every type of chastisement, such as plagues, famines, internal fighting and external disputes with other nations, and apostasy, the cause of the perdition of so many souls so dear to Jesus Christ and to me. In order to dissipate this black cloud, that prevents the Church from enjoying the clear day of liberty, there will be a formidable and frightful war, which will see the bloodshed of countrymen and of foreigners, of secular and regular priests, as well as that of religious. This night will be most horrible, for, humanly speaking, evil will seem to triumph. This, then, will mark the arrival of my hour, when I, in a marvelous way, will dethrone the proud and cursed Satan, trampling him under my feet and fettering him in the infernal abyss. Thus the Church and Country will be finally free of his cruel tyranny.

«The fifth reason for the lamp being extinguished is due to the laxity and the negligence of those who possess great wealth, who will indifferently stand by and witness the Church being oppressed, virtue being persecuted, and the triumph of evil, without piously employing their riches for the destruction of this evil and the restoration of the Faith. It is also due to the indifference of the people in allowing the Name of God to be gradually snuffed out and adhering to the spirit of evil, freely delivering themselves to the vices and passions. Alas! my chosen daughter! If it were given to you to live in this tenebrous era, you would die of sorrow to see all that I have revealed to you here take place. Most Holy Son and I have a great love for this land, our legacy, that we desire that even now the application of your sacrifices and prayers to shorten the time of such a terrible catastrophe!».

After this admirable vision, all that had been narrated by Our Lady passed before the eyes of Mother Mariana as if on a silent presentation. She was given to know the countless number of souls who would be condemned for the above-mentioned reasons. Seeing this, Mother Mariana fainted and remained to all appearances, dead there in the choir for a couple days. But Mother Mariana, miraculously woke up and lived her last year of life.
Continued:

Apparition of Jesus Christ

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3...%3DApi&f=1]

On November 2, 1634, after receiving Holy Communion, Mother Mariana had a vision of Jesus Christ:

He was, however, but one wound, especially His Sacred Heart, which was covered with small but piercing thorns which tormented Him with extraordinary cruelty. He shed a deluge of tears, accompanied by tender lamentations and sighs. Mother Mariana embraced Him in her heart with all the tenderness and adoration for her Lord and God that burned in her soul. In an outburst of sorrowful love, she cried out: «Esteemed and adored Love of my soul, if it is possible, tell me what causes Thee to suffer such a cruel martyrdom?».

Jesus Christ gazed at her with loving tenderness. Releasing a profound sigh, He said:

Quote:«... You see how these small thorns sting me cruelly. Understand that they are the grave as well as slight faults of my priests, secular and religious, who I take from the world and bring them to the cloisters. I lavish on them a deluge of spiritual graces, giving them also serious, prolonged sicknesses so that they might become like unto Me. But, ungrateful and heartless, they complain about My loving Providence. They think I am being cruel to them, and withdrawing with indifference, they leave Me alone.

The spirit of such souls will wilt like a parched flower, drying up and becoming unable to emit its fragrance in the garden of my Immaculate Mother, to which such souls were called. With this ungrateful behavior, they will thrust these tiny thorns into My Heart, cruelly wounding It, which is all love and affection for My chosen souls. At the same time they will frustrate the great designs that I have for them, for which reason I test them in this manner, for the cross and tribulation are the patrimony of the just here on earth.

Instill in your present-day daughters the love of the cross and sacrifice so that they can transmit this from generation to generation, in this Convent as well as in the Order in general. Imbue them also with a love for their religious vocation and regular observance, as well as fraternal charity and love for poor sinners, and faithful correspondence to the inspirations of grace. The times will come when doctrine will be spread among the learned and the ignorant, accessible to priests and religious, and even the common people. Many books will be written. But the practice of the virtues and these doctrines will be found only in a few souls: for this reason, saints will become rare.

Precisely for this reason: My priests and religious will fall into a fatal indifference. Their frigidity will extinguish the fire of divine love, afflicting My loving Heart with these small thorns that you see. For this reason, I desire that here there should be souls here in whom I can rest from My fatigues and in whom I might take complacence. Their afflicted, sacrificial lives will be the caressing, compassionate hands that remove these tiny thorns from My Heart and apply the needed balsam. Alas! If it were given to you to understand My intense interior suffering which accompanied Me from the Incarnation in the most pure womb of My Virgin Mother until the moment when My Soul left Its lacerated Body, nailed on the Cross.

And this suffering is caused by the lack of correspondence to the deluge of graces with which I inundate My priests and religious and, consequently, by the sins that they commit! Know, moreover, that Divine Justice releases terrible chastisements on entire nations, not only for the sins of the people but for those of priests and religious persons. For the latter are called, by the perfection of their state, to be the salt of the earth, the masters of truth, and the shields to hold back Divine Ire. Straying from their sublime mission, they degrade themselves in such a way that, before the eyes of God, they increase the rigor of the punishments. When they detach themselves from Me, they end up living a superficial life of soul, maintaining a distance from Me unworthy of My Ministers. By their frigidity and lack of confidence, they act as if I were a stranger to them.

Alas! If they knew, if they were convinced of how much I love them and desire that they enter into the very depths of their souls. There, without a doubt, they would find Me and would necessarily live the life of love, light and continuous union to which they were not only called, but chosen! Now, my spouse, in the few months of exile that remain to you, labor untiringly for the perfection of My priests and religious persons. In union with My infinite merits and those of My Immaculate Mother and yours, offer all that you do - even to your least breath- for this. I am greatly pleased by religious souls who take upon themselves the sublime task of sanctifying the Clergy through their prayers, sacrifices, and penances. In all times I will choose such souls so that, uniting themselves to Me, they will labor, pray and suffer to attain of this most noble end, and a special glory will await them in Heaven».

After this moving vision, Mother Mariana seemed transformed into a new creature. She seemed an angel in human flesh and a seraphim filled with God. Her words were flaming arrows of divine love that sweetly wounded the hearts of the fortunate daughters who lived with her.
Continued:

Seventh Apparition of Our Lady

The night of December 1634, at 11:30 o’clock, Mother Mariana directed her steps to the upper choir for her customary prayer. There, shedding a torrent of tears, she presented each one of her daughters to the Divine Prisoner and her Most Holy Mother. She implored good success for her own and their passages to eternity. During this colloquy, she felt the vehemence of divine love and lost her bodily senses.

Then she saw before her the Queen of Heaven, beautiful and captivating as always, with her Most Holy Son in her left arm and the crosier in her right hand. She was accompanied by the three Archangels. – St. Michael carried a countless number of white tunics sprinkled with stars, adorned with burnished gold. Each tunic was trimmed with an exquisite collar of fine pearls, from which hung a most beautiful gold cross with every type of precious stone. In the middle of the cross was a shining star engraved with the sweet names of Jesus and Mary. – St. Gabriel carried a chalice bearing the Blood of the Redeemer, a ciborium filled with Hosts, and a large quantity of fragrant, white lilies. – St. Raphael bore a large, precious ampulla, transparent and finely chiseled, which contained a superb balsam, whose suave odor floated out from the receptacle and diffused in the air, purifying the atmosphere and causing the soul to feel a supreme joy and admirable tranquility. He also carried many violet-colored stoles that shone with a splendorous brilliance and a writing quill of a shining and refulgent gold, marked with the name of Mary.

The three Holy Archangels stood before their Sovereign Queen, whose left arm sustained the King of the Heaven and the Prince of Eternity. The nine angelic choirs, upon a signal from Prince St. Michael, began to sing with celestial harmony, with one choir succeeding another until they reached the ninth. After this celestial symphony had ended, the Queen spoke these words:

Quote:«My most beloved daughter and chosen spouse of the spotless Lamb, leave this earth, the sad land of exile of the just, and come forthwith to your long-desired Fatherland. The hard winter of your mortal existence has passed, and your eternal springtime begins, where the good works practiced during earthly life are flowers of rare beauty, exquisite perfumes of great value, because they are the price of the dolorous Redemption. If mortals only understood how to appreciate the time given to them and would take advantage of each moment of life, how different the world would be! And a considerable number of souls would not fall to their eternal perdition! This disdain is the fundamental cause for their downfall! My daughter, have pity on your imprudent brethren sinners and weep for them. Imploring your God and Redeemer to send to their souls many special, efficacious graces, powerful enough to withdraw them from the dark abyss where they lie. Do you see what the three Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael carry with joy?

Know that the white tunics, carried by St. Michael, are destined, first, for my faithful and fervent daughters throughout time who will live in this cloister: to some for having preserved their baptismal innocence, and to others for having purified themselves by austere penances (…). Second, the white tunics are also for secular and regular priests, and laity of both sexes, who, loving my Most Holy Son and myself with simple, upright hearts, also love this Convent of our predilection. Ignoring criticism and scorn, they strive for its conservation and dedicate themselves to propagating my devotion under the consoling invocation of Good Success, which will be the sustenance and safeguard of the Faith in the almost total corruption of the 20th century.

«St. Gabriel carries this precious chalice bearing the Blood of the Redeemer: this signifies the grace of the resurrection from death (from sin) and the restoration of souls by means of the Sacrament of Penance, which the ministers of my Most Holy Son make available abundantly to restore life to souls killed by the satanic jealousy of the infernal dragon. See and contemplate the grandeur of this restoring and life-giving Sacrament, so forgotten and even scorned by ungrateful mortals, who, in their mad illusions do not realize that it is the only sure means of salvation after losing one’s baptismal innocence. (…).

«As you see, St. Gabriel also carries a ciborium filled with Hosts: this signifies the most august Sacrament of the Eucharist, which will be distributed by my Catholic priests to faithful belonging to the Holy Roman, Catholic and Apostolic Church, whose visible head is the Pope, the King of Christendom. His pontifical infallibility will be declared a Dogma of Faith by the same Pope chosen to proclaim the Dogma of the Mystery of my Immaculate Conception. He will be persecuted and imprisoned in the Vatican by the unjust usurpation of the Pontifical States through the iniquity, envy and avarice of an earthly monarch.

See the filled ciborium so that you might comprehend the sublimity of this Mystery and the reverence with which it should be treated and received by the faithful. It will be an antidote against sin and an easy and powerful means for souls to unite themselves to their God and Redeemer, Who, in the excess of His love, hides Himself under the white accidents of the Host, exposed to the sacrilegious profanations of His ungrateful sons. To make amends for these sacrileges is the work of contemplative souls, and, in a special way, to the daughters of My Immaculate Conception. Know that in the Divine Arcana, this hidden and voluntary expiation was one of the designs of God in disposing the foundation of this Order so dear to Him.

«These countless white lilies, beautiful and exceedingly fragrant - that you see together with the chalice and the ciborium borne by my Archangel Gabriel are all the good religious of my Order (and they will be very numerous in cloisters throughout the World). Each one of them will have a distinct mission and will receive torrents of graces unceasingly from Heaven for this end. I recommend my daughters to suffer so that the seven Sacraments, are received with perfection by the faithful, above all the third (Holy Eucharist), the fourth (Confession) and the sixth Sacraments (Holy Orders).

The large, transparent and precious ampulla carried by my Archangel Raphael contains an extraordinary balsam of the sweetest fragrance, which is diffused through the air and purifies the atmosphere, communicating to the soul a supreme happiness and admirable tranquility. It represents the cloisters and the convents. They are chosen places that see the daily practice of the solid virtue, as well as the observance of the Rule and austere penances of its inhabitants. The purity and chastity that exist there are the exquisite aroma that perfumes the fortunate countries that possess monasteries and convents. They purify the air polluted by those in the world delivered over to the most shameful vices and passions.

At the same time, they transmit to souls that ineffable joy and admirable peace that causes sinners to fall into themselves and turn toward God. This takes place by virtue of the prayers raised up in these houses to Heaven incessantly, day and night. Like Moses with his arms raised to Heaven, religious souls supplicate and make penances for sinners to be converted and their nations saved from the torrent of vices and passions that call down the terrible chastisements of Divine Justice. Woe to the world should it lack monasteries and convents! Mortals do not comprehend their importance, for, if they understood, they would use their wealth to multiply them, because they provide the remedy for all physical and moral evils.

The Most Holy Trinity and I, the Mother and model of religious persons, love these houses with great tenderness. I am the channel for that river of precious graces that are not given to those in the world. For in each monastery and convent I am truly and tenderly loved; their members have recourse to me with that confidence and love that sons and daughters have for their tender and loving mother. Under different invocations, they venerate me in all these places. The Archangels gather up their prayers, tears, penances, sighs and lives of sacrifices and present them to me. I then present them before the throne of the God for the salvation of the world. No one on the face of the earth realizes whence comes the salvation of souls, the conversion of great sinners, the deferral of great scourges, the production and fertility of the lands, the end of pestilences and wars, and the harmony between nations. All this is due to the prayers that rise up from monasteries and convents».

«The innumerable violet-colored stoles carried by my Archangel Raphael, which shine resplendently and illuminate the sanctuary, symbolize the effective action and zeal of good priests, who, with self-abnegation, forget themselves to make Jesus Christ and myself known and loved. Faithful to their mission confided to them by the Father of the Family, they labor untiringly in the vineyard of the Lord to make it grow and prosper and to save the souls ransomed by the Blood of the Redeemer. These are the good and faithful servants who will enter into the joy of their Lord.

The quill of polished and shining gold marked with My Name is for all the priests of both clergies (regular and secular) who write of my glories and sorrows. It is also for those who by means of their writing diffuse my devotion of Good Success of this Convent, as well as your life, which is inseparable from this tender and consoling invocation. In the 20th century, this devotion will work prodigies in the spiritual as well as temporal spheres, because it is the will of God to reserve this invocation and knowledge of your life for that century, when the corruption of customs will be almost general and the precious light of Faith almost extinguished»!

«Now, my beloved daughter, you realize the significance of all the things that you see in the hands of my holy Archangels: Michael (Who is like unto God?); Gabriel (The Fortitude of God); Raphael (The Remedy of God). Each Archangel fulfills a mission in assisting decadent humanity. Even if the rest of mankind neglects invoking and venerating these holy Princes, I desire that you and your present-day daughters, as well as those to come, should do this to receive graces and favors - material and moral – for yourselves and for this Convent. I also verify that they will always take care of my Statue and of this beloved Convent so favored by the goodness of God».