The Problem Is "The Internet" - FSSP Superior General
The Problem Is "The Internet" - FSSP Superior General

[Image: i9oebkgtnxpakm1fn77nb04w6ku6pd4604c2au5....91&webp=on]

gloria.tv | July 25, 2024

Father John Berg, the new/old Superior General of the Priestly Fraternity of Saint Peter (FSSP) has given an interview to FamilleChretienne.fr in which he tries to appease Francis.

He admits that "some faithful" are worried because of Francis’ extremist manifesto 'Traditionis custodes'.

But his overall experience as a Roman Rite parish priest in the US over the last six years was totally different: "I haven't experienced too much anxiety on the part of the American faithful".

For him the problem is "the Internet". According to his version, the concerns of his faithful grew "in proportion to the amount of time they spent on the internet reading articles and information on the subject!".

In the face of Traditionis Custodes, some men of his parish resolved during lent to cease all Internet activity and – miracle! - "they suddenly found a peace they hadn't had before!".

"If you just read what's being said on the internet, it's easy to get the false impression that the 'traditional Mass' is some kind of movement or crusade." But for Berg the Catholics are only "group made up of individuals or families who 'just' want to adore God and be transformed by his grace".

Berg’s enthusiasm briefly fades away when asked about the French bishops who have kicked out the FSSP from their dioceses: "I'll have to see what the real situation is in France", he says meekly and immediately shifts the attention to the United States.

His enthusiasm returns, when professing that "my relations with the [U.S.] bishop, but also with the priests in the two dioceses where I've served as parish priest for the last six years in the United States, have been really excellent."

In other words: All is for the best in the best of all possible Churches (Voltaire).
"So let us be confident, let us not be unprepared, let us not be outflanked, let us be wise, vigilant, fighting against those who are trying to tear the faith out of our souls and morality out of our hearts, so that we may remain Catholics, remain united to the Blessed Virgin Mary, remain united to the Roman Catholic Church, remain faithful children of the Church."- Abp. Lefebvre