The Catacombs
Prophecies of St. Hildegard of Bingen - Printable Version

+- The Catacombs (https://thecatacombs.org)
+-- Forum: Repository (https://thecatacombs.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Catholic Prophecy (https://thecatacombs.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=83)
+--- Thread: Prophecies of St. Hildegard of Bingen (/showthread.php?tid=259)

Prophecies of St. Hildegard of Bingen - Elizabeth - 12-02-2020

This biography of St. Hildegard of Bingen is taken from the series of books called: l'Histoire Universelle de l'Église Catholic (Universal History of the Catholic Church) by Fr. René François Rohrbacher. The parts come from Volumes 15, pages 502 and 503, and Volume 16, page 338. I just translated the pieces and stuck them together.

Biography of St. Hildegard of Bingen

Saint Hildegard was born in the county of Sponheim (Germany), in the year 1098, of noble and virtuous parents, who devoted her to the service of God from her childhood, because, as soon as she could speak, she made it known, both by her discourses and by signs, that she saw extraordinary things. At the age of eight, she was offered to the monastery of Disemberg or Mount St. Disibodus, and placed under the guidance of Blessed Jutta or Judith, sister of the Count of Sponheim, who led the life of a recluse, and who trained her in humility, innocence, and simply taught her to read the Psalter. From the age of eight to fifteen, Hildegard continued to see many things supernaturally, which she spoke of with simplicity to her companions, who were amazed, as well as to those who knew about it. One admired where this could have come from. Then Hildegard herself noticed with surprise that, while she could see inwardly into her soul, she could also see outwardly through her body's eyes, as usual, something she had never heard said about anyone. From then on, seized by fear, she did not dare to speak to anyone about her inner light. However, in her discourses, she often spoke of things to come, which seemed strange to the listeners. She saw and heard these things, not in a dream, not in sleep, not in a state of exaltation, not through the eyes of the body, or through the ears of the outer man; but she received them, wide awake, looking into her soul alone, through the eyes and ears of the inner man, and in the most open places, as it pleased God.
     At the age of forty-two years seven months, she saw the heavens open and a very luminous fire, which penetrated her head, heart, and all her breast, without burning it, but with gentle heat, and at once she received the understanding of the Psalms, the Gospels, and the other books of the Old and New Testament, so that she was able to explain their meaning, though she could not explain the words grammatically, knowing neither Latin nor grammar.
     Saint Hildegard performed an infinity of miracles, of which her contemporary biographer reports up to twenty in particular. She died on the 17th of September 1179, on the night of Sunday to Monday, aged eighty. Her life was written by Theodoric, a Benedictine monk, some thirty years after her death, on the memoirs of another monk named Godfrey, to which he added revelations and miracles. The Church honors the saint on the day of her death.

St. Hildegard's visions and prophecies were approved by Pope Eugenius III. Some of her prophecies can be found in her book "Scivias", which is also known as "Know the Ways". I will posting her prophecies that I found at this site https://catholicprophecy.org/st-hildegard/

The following two quotes are taken from the series of l'Histoire Universelle de l'Église Catholic (Universal History of the Catholic Church) by Fr. René François Rohrbacher. Volume 15, page 507, and Volume 16, page 336. 

"She was among women what St. Bernard was among men."

"Germany, in the midst of the troubles of the schism, continued to admire in St. Hildegard the gift of prophecy and miracles, already recognized by St. Bernard, as well as by Popes Eugene III, Anastasius IV and Adrien IV."

St. Hildegard's Prophecies

“The time is coming when princes and people will renounce the authority of the Pope. Individual countries will prefer their own Church rulers to the Pope. The German Empire will be divided. Church property will be secularized. Priests will be persecuted. After the birth of Antichrist heretics will preach their false doctrines undisturbed, resulting in Christians having doubts about their holy Catholic faith.”

“Toward the end of the world, mankind will be purified through sufferings. This will be true especially of the clergy, who will be robbed of all property. When the clergy has adopted a simple manner of living, conditions will improve.

“A powerful wind will rise in the North carrying heavy fog and the densest dust by divine command and it will fill their throats and eyes so they will cease their savagery and be stricken with great fear. After that there will be so few men left that seven women will fight for one man, that they will say to the man: “Marry me to take the disgrace from me.” For in those days it will be a disgrace for a woman to be without child, as it was by the Jews in the Old Testament.

“Before the Comet comes, many nations, the good excepted, will be scoured with want and famine. The great nation in the ocean that is inhabited by people of different tribes and descent by an earthquake, storm and tidal waves will be devastated. It will be divided, and in great part submerged. That nation will also have many misfortunes at sea, and lose its colonies in the east through a Tiger and a Lion. The Comet by its tremendous pressure, will force much out of the ocean and flood many countries, causing much want and many plagues. All coastal cities will be fearful and many of them will be destroyed by tidal waves, and most living creatures will be killed and even those who escape will die from a horrible disease. For in none of these cities does a person live according to the laws of God.

“Peace will return to Europe when the white flower again takes possession of the throne of France. During this time of peace the people will be forbidden to carry weapons and iron will be used solely for making agricultural implements and tools. Also during this period the soil will be very productive and many Jews, heathens and heretics will join the Church."

"When society has been completely purified by these tribulations, men will submit to the laws of the Church.

"At that time of renewal, justice and peace will be restored by decrees so new and so little expected that the people, delighted with admiration, will highly confess that nothing like this has ever been seen before."

“The son of perdition (the Antichrist), who will reign very few of times, will come at the end day of the duration of the world, at the times corresponding to the moment just before the sun disappears from the horizon…

“After having passed a licentious youth among very perverted men, and in a desert, she being conducted by a demon disguised as an angel of light, the mother of the son of perdition will conceive and give birth without knowing the father. In another land, she will make men believe that her birth was some miraculous thing, seeing that she had not appointed a spouse, and she will ignore that, she will say, how the infant she had brought into the world had been formed in her womb, and the people will regard it as a saint and qualified to the title.

“The son of perdition is this very wicked beast who will put to death those who refuse to believe in him; who will associate with kings, priests, the great and the rich; who will mistake the humility and will esteem pride; who will finally subjugate the entire universe by his diabolic means.

“He will gain over many people and tell them: “You are allowed to do all that you please; renounce the fasts; it suffices that you love me; I who am your God.”

“He will show them treasures and riches, and he will permit them to riot in all sorts of festivities, as they please. He will oblige them to practice circumcision and other Judaic observances, and he will tell them: “Those who believe in me will receive pardon of their sins and will live with me eternally.”

“He will reject baptism and evangelism, and he will reject in derision all the precepts the Spirit has given to men of my part."

“Then he will say to his partisans, “Strike me with a sword, and place my corpse in a proper shroud until the day of my resurrection.” They will believe him to have really given over to death, and from his mortal wound he will make a striking semblance of resuscitation.

“After which, he will compose himself a certain cipher, which he will say is to be a pledge of salute; he will give it to all his servitors like the sign of our faith in heaven, and he will command them to adore it. Concerning those who, for the love of my (Jesus’) name, will refuse to render this sacrilegious adoration to the son of perdition, he will put them to death amidst the cruelest torments.

“But I will defend my two Witnesses, Enoch and Elias, whom I have reserved for those times. Their mission will be to combat the man of evil and reprimand him in the sight of the faithful whom he has seduced. They will have the virtue of operating the most brilliant miracles, in all the places where the son of perdition has spread his evil doctrines. In the meanwhile, I will permit this evildoer to put them to death; but I will give them in heaven the recompense of their travails.

“Later, however, after the coming of Enoch and Elias, the Antichrist will be destroyed, and the Church will sing forth with unprecedented glory, and the victims of the great error will throng to return to the fold.”

“The Man of Sin will be born of an ungodly woman who, from her infancy, will have been initiated into occult sciences and the wiles of the demon. She will live in the desert with perverse men, and abandon herself to crime with so much the greater ardor, as she will think she is authorized thereby to by the revelations of an angel. And thus, in the fire of burning concupiscence she will conceive the Son of Perdition, without knowing by what father. Then she will teach that fornication is permitted, declaring herself holy and honored as a saint.

“But Lucifer, the old and cunning serpent, will find the fruit of her womb with his infernal spirit and entirely possess the fruit of sin.

“Now when he shall have attained the age of manhood, he will set himself up as a new master and teach perverse doctrine. Soon he will revolt against the saints; and he will acquire such great power that in the madness of his pride he would raise himself above the clouds; and as in the beginning Satan said: “I will be like unto the most high”, and fell; so in those days, he will fall when he will say in the person of his son, “I am the Savior of the World!”

“He will ally himself with the kings, the princes and the powerful ones of the earth; he will condemn humility and will extol all the doctrines of pride. His magic art will feign the most astonishing prodigies; he will disturb the atmosphere, command thunder and tempest, produce hail and horrible lightning. He will move mountains, dry up streams, reanimate the withered verdure of forests. His arts will be practiced upon the elements, but chiefly upon man will he exhaust his infernal power. He will seem to take away health and restore it. How so? By sending some possessed soul into a dead body, to move it for a time. But these resurrections will be of short duration."

“Then he will say to his partisans, “Strike me with a sword, and place my corpse in a proper shroud until the day of my resurrection.” They will believe him to have really given over to death, and from his mortal wound he will make a striking semblance of resuscitation.

“After which, he will compose himself a certain cipher, which he will say is to be a pledge of salute; he will give it to all his servitors like the sign of our faith in heaven, and he will command them to adore it. Concerning those who, for the love of my (Jesus’) name, will refuse to render this sacrilegious adoration to the son of perdition, he will put them to death amidst the cruelest torments.

“But I will defend my two Witnesses, Enoch and Elias, whom I have reserved for those times. Their mission will be to combat the man of evil and reprimand him in the sight of the faithful whom he has seduced. They will have the virtue of operating the most brilliant miracles, in all the places where the son of perdition has spread his evil doctrines. In the meanwhile, I will permit this evildoer to put them to death; but I will give them in heaven the recompense of their travails.

“Later, however, after the coming of Enoch and Elias, the Antichrist will be destroyed, and the Church will sing forth with unprecedented glory, and the victims of the great error will throng to return to the fold.”

“The Man of Sin will be born of an ungodly woman who, from her infancy, will have been initiated into occult sciences and the wiles of the demon. She will live in the desert with perverse men, and abandon herself to crime with so much the greater ardor, as she will think she is authorized thereby to by the revelations of an angel. And thus, in the fire of burning concupiscence she will conceive the Son of Perdition, without knowing by what father. Then she will teach that fornication is permitted, declaring herself holy and honored as a saint.

“But Lucifer, the old and cunning serpent, will find the fruit of her womb with his infernal spirit and entirely possess the fruit of sin.

“Now when he shall have attained the age of manhood, he will set himself up as a new master and teach perverse doctrine. Soon he will revolt against the saints; and he will acquire such great power that in the madness of his pride he would raise himself above the clouds; and as in the beginning Satan said: “I will be like unto the most high”, and fell; so in those days, he will fall when he will say in the person of his son, “I am the Savior of the World!”

“He will ally himself with the kings, the princes and the powerful ones of the earth; he will condemn humility and will extol all the doctrines of pride. His magic art will feign the most astonishing prodigies; he will disturb the atmosphere, command thunder and tempest, produce hail and horrible lightning. He will move mountains, dry up streams, reanimate the withered verdure of forests. His arts will be practiced upon the elements, but chiefly upon man will he exhaust his infernal power. He will seem to take away health and restore it. How so? By sending some possessed soul into a dead body, to move it for a time. But these resurrections will be of short duration."

This link has some visions of St. Hildegard taken from her book, Scivias.

http://www.columbia.edu/itc/english/f2003/client_edit/documents/scivias.html

RE: Prophecies of St. Hildegard of Bingen - Elizabeth - 01-17-2021

"The time is coming when princes and peoples will reject the authority of the Pope. Some countries will prefer their own Church rulers to the Pope. The German Empire will be divided. Church property will be secularised. Priests will be persecuted. After the birth of Antichrist heretics will preach their false doctrines undisturbed, resulting in Christians having doubts about their holy Catholic faith."

"At that period when antichrist shall be born, there will be many wars and right order shall be destroyed on earth. Heresy will be rampant and the heretics will preach their errors openly without restraint. Even among Christians doubt and scepticism will be entertained concerning the beliefs of Catholicism."

"Toward the end of the world, mankind will be purified through sufferings. This will be true especially of the clergy, who will be robbed of all property. When the clergy has adopted a simple manner of living, conditions will improve."

"At this time as a punishment for their sins, Christians especially will attempt armed resistance to those who at that time are persecuting them, sensing no concern for the death of their bodies."

"A powerful wind will rise in the North carrying heavy fog and the densest dust by Divine command and it will fill their throats and eyes so they will cease their savagery and be stricken with great fear."

"Then within the Christian people the Holy Godhead will accomplish signs and wonders as if accomplished them at the time of Moses with the pillar of cloud and as Michael the archangel did when he fought the heathen for the sake of the Christians. Because of Michael's help Gods faithful children will march under his protection. They will decimate their foes and achieve victory through Gods power. As a result of this a large number of heathens will join Christians in true faith and they will say the God of the Christians is the true God because such wondrous works have been accomplished among the Christians."

"After that there will be so few men left that seven women will fight for one man, that they will say to the man: 'Marry me to take the disgrace from me.' For in those days it will be a disgrace for a woman to be without child, as it was by the Jews in the Old Testament."

"Before the Comet comes, many nations, the good excepted, will be scoured with want and famine. The great nation in the ocean that is inhabited by people of different tribes and descent by an earthquake, storm and tidal waves will be devastated. It will be divided, and in great part submerged. That nation will also have many misfortunes at sea, and lose its colonies in the east through a Tiger and a Lion."

"The Comet by its tremendous pressure, will force much out of the ocean and flood many countries, causing much want and many plagues. [After the] great Comet, the great nation will be devastated by earthquakes, storms, and great waves of water, causing much want and plagues. The ocean will also flood many other countries, so that all coastal cities will live in fear, with many destroyed. All sea coast cities will be fearful and many of them will be destroyed by tidal waves, and most living creatures will be killed and even those who escape will die from a horrible disease."

"For in none of these cities does a person live according to the laws of God. 'Peace will return to Europe when the white flower again takes possession of the throne of France.'"

"During this time of peace the people will be forbidden to carry weapons and iron will be used solely for making agricultural implements and tools. Also during this period the soil will be very productive and many Jews, heathens and heretics will join the Church."

"Peace will return when the Lily ascends the Throne again. The land will be very productive. During this time weapons will be forbidden. Iron will only be used for agricultural tools. In this period the land will be very productive. Jews, heathen and heretics will join the church."

"The throne of the last catholic Empire will crumble and the sceptre will fall out of the hand of him who sits on the throne. The Great Monarch by this time will be a very old man. All justice will cease and will be trodden under foot. The latter times will be more evil and corrupt in the eyes of God. Children of God will be persecuted by the most hateful means in the eyes of God. Almost immediately after the death of the Monarch comes antichrist."

"When the great ruler (the Great Monarch who is to rule Europe after the collapse of Communism) exterminates the Turks almost entirely, one of the remaining Mohammadans will be converted, become a priest, bishop and cardinal, and when the new pope is elected (immediately before Antichrist) this cardinal will kill the pope before he is crowned, through jealousy, wishing to be pope himself; then when the other cardinals elect the next pope, this cardinal will proclaim himself Anti-pope, and two-thirds of the Christians will go with him. He, as well as Antichrist, are descendants of the tribe of Dan."

"An unchaste woman will conceive an unchaste son. The wicked serpent who deceived Adam will influence this child in such as way that nothing good or virtuous will enter him; nor under the circumstances will it even be possible for any good to be in him."

"The mark (of Antichrist) will be a hellish symbol of Baptism, because thereby a person will be stamped as an adherent of Antichrist and also of the Devil in that he thereby gives himself over to the influence of Satan. Whoever will not have this mark of Antichrist can neither buy nor sell anything and will be beheaded."

"He will win over to himself the rulers, the mighty and the wealthy, will bring about the destruction of those who do not accept his faith and, finally, will subjugate the entire earth."

"The streets of Jerusalem, will then shine in the brightest gold with the blood of Christians which will flow like water. Simultaneously Antichrist will try to increase his wonders. His executioners will work such miracles when they torment the Christians that the people will think Antichrist is the true God. The executioners will not permit the Christians to win the martyrs' crown easily for they will endeavour to prolong their pain until they renounce their faith. Yet some will receive a special grace from God to die during the torments."

"Antichrist will make the earth move, level mountains, dry up rivers, produce thunder and lightning and hail, remove the leaves from the trees and return them again to the trees, make men sick and cure them, exorcise devils, raise the dead to life. He will appear to be crucified and rise from the dead. All in all, Christians will be astounded and in grievous doubts while the followers of Antichrist will be confirmed in their false faith."

"Finally, when he shall have converted all his plans into action, he will gather his worshippers about him and tell them that he will presently ascend toward Heaven. However, at the moment of the ascension a bolt of lightning will overwhelm and annihilate him. The planned ascent into heaven will have been prepared by the artful employment of ingenious devices, and the moment at which the event was to have taken place, leading to his destruction, will produce a cloud that will spread an unbearable odour. Through this many people will again come to their senses and to understanding."

"...Then the people should prepare for the last judgment, the day of which is indeed veiled in secrecy and obscurity, but not far distant..."

http://lefleurdelystoo.blogspot.com/2012/05/some-prophecy-by-st-hildegard-von.html